Shars Universal Cutter Grinder-Lost in Transit

Are you going to give a review of this?

Thanks
Review?
I’ve used it enough to become familiar with it, sort of.
I was able to figure out the drill bit sharpening process to some success.
There are endless opportunities to use it, I just haven’t had a chance.
I’m going in several directions at once.
Smokey,
I’ll post some pics with comments the next time I use it.
I promise.

Thanks. I'm looking at getting the same one - they are out of stock at the moment - and was looking for anything from someone who has it

I bought my U3 universal grinder a few months ago so I’m still getting up to speed with its capabilities. Drill grinding takes a bit of practice but once mastered it’s quite easy to sharpen a drill. I use the grinder quite a bit to sharpen HSS lathe tools. If I’m starting from a new blank I’ll hog out the shape first on the bench grinder and then fine tune the edges on the U3.
I use both the diamond and AOX wheels that came with it. I bought extra fanges wheels so now I have three wheels mounted and ready to swap as needed. As well as the two wheels that came with the unit I bought a narrow edge diamond wheel to cut an internal boring bar for make a groove.
I haven’t tried sharpening an end mill yet - I think I’ll need quite a bit of spare time to get that right.
I’m still working on getting a dust chute just right. These machines love to throw grit and dust!

Back