Shars Universal Cutter Grinder-Lost in Transit

I checked in to the FedEx tracking at 10:30 this morning. The status was it had been received at the local terminal with no ETA for delivery.
Five minutes later our parts manager asked, where do you want this machine from Shars tool? :) :) :) :)
I am very thankful it came strapped to a pallet with no exterior marks/damage at all.
Now, to take it apart to clean, oil and reassemble.
My initial impression is very positive. It's well oiled and does have some fine grinding dust in the oil. There is some sort of anti rust on the bright metal.
I'm happy.
Hurray! It finally arrived!

Nice looking unit. Very happy that you finally got it.

Is this for you home shop or for work shop?

@Janderso, welcome to the Sheckel club!
VDav.gif

I checked in to the FedEx tracking at 10:30 this morning. The status was it had been received at the local terminal with no ETA for delivery.
Five minutes later our parts manager asked, where do you want this machine from Shars tool? :) :) :) :)
I am very thankful it came strapped to a pallet with no exterior marks/damage at all.
Now, to take it apart to clean, oil and reassemble.
My initial impression is very positive. It's well oiled and does have some fine grinding dust in the oil. There is some sort of anti rust on the bright metal.
I'm happy.
Congratulations! and... say goodbye to your "spare time" for a while.:grin:

Oh, on a pallet? Then it goes via Fed EX Freight. That is a different method than the normal FedEX we're all normally use to.
And it's a small package strapped to an oversized pallet, a whole different animal. Regular delivery trucks don't handle those.
The crew loading trucks look at a piece like that as a red-headed step child when it comes to loading for transport.
Oddball size when they are trying to pack as much as possible in a trailer.
Thankfully they didn't stack with a bunch of items on top of or around it.

Oh, on a pallet? Then it goes via Fed EX Freight. That is a different method than the normal FedEX we're all normally use to.
And it's a small package strapped to an oversized pallet, a whole different animal. Regular delivery trucks don't handle those.
The crew loading trucks look at a piece like that as a red-headed step child when it comes to loading for transport.
Oddball size when they are trying to pack as much as possible in a trailer.
Thankfully they didn't stack with a bunch of items on top of or around it.
That would explain why it missed so many trucks/transfers.
I'm thrilled it was strapped to a pallet. I put it in my truck, the machine without the accessory package is probably 80 lbs.
A pallet?

That would explain why it missed so many trucks/transfers.
I'm thrilled it was strapped to a pallet. I put it in my truck, the machine without the accessory package is probably 80 lbs.
A pallet?
Look on the bright side, with it being on a pallet it didn't get crushed and tossed and beat up.

All my bigger purchases from Grizzly, Shars and others have come by freight and I go to pick up at the terminal. I haven't had much problems but I would sure like more practice :p

Back