shop made tooling

Well, it is not impossible but sure would take a lot of time. Don't know if it would be worth the effort. But, if you make any of my projects, and you let me know you are, I will tell you everything I can and give you any procedures and advice to help you do it more easily and efficiently.

Mark Frazier

Thank you. My hope is to make quite a few of them.

I was hoping that someone could turn your build threads into a pdf document for downloading. I've seen it done but have no idea how.

I think Paul said it best.

keep up the good work and keep us in awe.

Paul

A lot of people don't seem to know that before machines were automated, people created things using the skills they had. Perhaps it is even more of an abstract thought that people still create things using skill, not a button or with a check. Nice work, keep it coming, we love it!

I admire anyone who can keep an organized work space, let alone one who builds the tools found upon it! Nice work. :thumbzup3:
I only hope to someday be able to do those things, so thanks for the pics and plans.

Thanks so much for the print. Im defiantly gonna make one. I have 2 best test and an interapid. The interapid has the 4 mm stud on top and dovetails front and back. My bes- test's have dovetails all three places. My universal adapter for the bes-test fits the interapid also. Thank you so much.

Keep'em coming, Mark. Great work! Don't sweat the keyboard kritics. They aren't worth the effort.

Tom

I have found many articles on this sight for things I do not have the money to buy but can definitely make with the articles. This is probably the most informative and helpful sight I have found for making ones own tooling.

Anyone who thinks making ones own tooling is impossible for the home builder is simply not educated enough. People have been doing this for years.

Mark,

You make beautiful and useful tools. I need to sharpen my end mills, can't wait to see the grinder finished.

Caster

Mark, I have to tell you that you are lucky I don't live close by, because I think I would be stopping by for advice and how to information or a regular basis. Keep up the good work.

Paul

Mark
It is sad when people make vindictive statements that is not worth the time to read them. Your work is top shelf and I would be proud to have anything you have built. If a person has a good plan and execute with just small boo boo, thing come together quickly. Keep up the fine, fine work, looking for the next project.

I am not sure where to put this but I think it fits here. Many of you know I make my own tooling and my primary reason ( besides I need it) is to show others how to have quality tooling at a low cost. I got an email from someone, don't know if they are on here or another forum I used to belong to, but the email made me angry in the sense they said " you can't make all the stuff you say you made". Short of photos, I would invite anyone to my shop to see for themselves what can be done with very little. These photos are the tooling I have made in the last 6 months ( or at least most of it), and the total cost for material for all this is under $250. that being said , I have access to a lot of scrap at the moment. There are a LOT of hours here also, but I don't count that making for myself.

View attachment 88704
View attachment 88705
View attachment 88706

I really don't know what else to say,

Mark Frazier

View attachment 88704 View attachment 88705 View attachment 88706
Mark your work is legendary. Don't be discouraged by any negative trolls, what they are clearly saying is, that they are not smart enough to achieve what you have, therefore they are jealous. and so they want to hurt you.

Walk away, keep your head high, you know you have many admirers here, so enjoy and above all keep posting.

Back