Shops that grind ways in New England

I'm not sure if they offer that as a service but,you can reach out to Brodeur Machine and ask.. https://www.brodeurmachine.com/ It is the last of the machine shops here in New Bedford, MA, they are also the largest close by to me.

Did you ever hear back from Cavco? I might have something for them in the future, but if they are not responsive, I will look elsewhere.

wfournier: @34_40 's post reminded me of Babin Machine in Brockton MA. They focus on full Hardinge restores (they do extremely good work & have been to the shop a couple times for NOS bridgeport bits) but they may have suggestions or possibly could do the grinding themselves.

https://www.babinmachine.com/

Did you ever hear back from Cavco? I might have something for them in the future, but if they are not responsive, I will look elsewhere.
Just called again as I hadn't heard or called back, I'm pretty sure I got the go away price at $4K.

I'm debating the best course of action here. Cody's quote is higher than I would like, Brodeur Machine recommended American Machine Tool Repair and Rebuilding in NJ which was one of the first companies I reached out to with a quote at $1500. There are a couple companies I have not reached out to yet, Cody suggested Phoenix Inc as a closer option and American Grinding in Chicago seems to have come up a few times. It is seeming like no one is going to come close to the price Forrest gave me and from what I have heard that is probably because they are using older equipment and don't have as much $ tied up in it. That can be a cause for concern, but the little I have heard about their work has been good. If it costs me $400 round trip for freight (I'm looking at quotes of about $150 each way if I drop off/pickup at a terminal padding that a little) I'm still looking at $750-$900 vs $1500+. This isn't a 10EE or anything really nice, I feel like it will meet my needs and is worth putting some work into though...

Nope. I called them a second time and was told I could expect a response the next day, but never heard a peep.

Nope. I called them a second time and was told I could expect a response the next day, but never heard a peep.
That’s disappointing. It sounds like they only want the big jobs. I guess I won’t recommend them again.

Back