Should I Get This Manual Sheet Metal Notcher?

AACKK! doesn't that **** u off? You are not the only one that's happened to though, so don't feel too bad.
Personally, I would rather have the step pulley head instead of the vari-speed. Less to go wrong. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?
Mark

AACKK! doesn't that **** u off? You are not the only one that's happened to though, so don't feel too bad.
Personally, I would rather have the step pulley head instead of the vari-speed. Less to go wrong. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?
Mark
I already have the Bridgeport. It was for the $80 3 in 1 brake slip roll shear.

There's a lot of sleazy people out there. I've run into some myself.

Just recently I advertised a lathe on Craigs. First responder asked me to hold it a couple days. I said OK, as he sounded like a serious buyer. Had a couple of other buyers respond a day or so later, and I told them I was holding it and would let them know if it became available. One of them got sleazy and wanted to come by that evening, cash in hand.

I told him I didn't operate that way, don't go back on my word.

The first responder bought the lathe, full price, no problems.

Yup, I hate sleazoids!

I know it is impossible to get to a vendor sometimes, but there's no substitute for being there in person with the cash. The vendor sleazed on you, but a lot of customers are sleazy too... A disappointment and I've lost my share (maybe more) but you keep in the game until you get what you want.

CL is always a crapshoot. But guess I don't need to tell you that Susan. You have certainly come out smelling like a rose more times than I have. You use what you have to great effect. I am sorry it didn't work this time.

The essential tools for me is a flexible schedule, a pickup and a trailer. I also seldom dicker and keep in touch with seller once I finally make contact as we work out the meet. If somebody is asking too much I put them on the watch list and see if they come down on their own. If not I ignore.

I have to admit I was hoping you'd get the 3-n-1 so there might be a ongoing thread about the ins and outs of this particular machine. It is deceptively heavy at 300lbs. And there are a lot of details of adjustment that if not taken care of render the machine next to useless. The sad part is if it was never setup properly or plain old made wrong at the factory it can be damaged and not work right without some major fixin'. It is never going to be as good as domestic made shear, box and pan or slip roll dedicated machines but for 20ga projects it's lightyears ahead of whacking with a hammer in a vise. And the beauty of HFTOOLS is you can modify and not feel like are messing up some nice old iron :)

I know people that do dumb stuff like that when they sell stuff on craigslist.... 5 people will call and he will tell all of them to show up at the same time first one there wins...... You have to be quick and jump on it....

Yeah CL is full of flakes. I will get 5 calls all saying they want it and nobody shows up. And on the other side of the fence. My 3 cents again. I would not post the item you wanted on this site or any other site until you have it in your hands! You advertised for everyone to see and not everyone has scruples. Not me, but someone else local and also seeing your post could have done the WTF. So maybe next time, save your bragging rights until after you have it in your hands…sorry, Dave

CL is always a crapshoot. But guess I don't need to tell you that Susan. You have certainly come out smelling like a rose more times than I have. You use what you have to great effect. I am sorry it didn't work this time.

The essential tools for me is a flexible schedule, a pickup and a trailer. I also seldom dicker and keep in touch with seller once I finally make contact as we work out the meet. If somebody is asking too much I put them on the watch list and see if they come down on their own. If not I ignore.

I have to admit I was hoping you'd get the 3-n-1 so there might be a ongoing thread about the ins and outs of this particular machine. It is deceptively heavy at 300lbs. And there are a lot of details of adjustment that if not taken care of render the machine next to useless. The sad part is if it was never setup properly or plain old made wrong at the factory it can be damaged and not work right without some major fixin'. It is never going to be as good as domestic made shear, box and pan or slip roll dedicated machines but for 20ga projects it's lightyears ahead of whacking with a hammer in a vise. And the beauty of HFTOOLS is you can modify and not feel like are messing up some nice old iron :)

Hi C-bag,
For now, I decided to hold off on buying a 3-in-1 machine. I was willing to buy this one in my story only due to the $80 price. The reason for holding off is the lack of space in my garage, and the 300 lbs. I REALLY want such a machine, but will wait until I get space. I do plan on eventually get one, in the distant future -- and when I do, you guys will definitely be reading about it, LOL :)

I know people that do dumb stuff like that when they sell stuff on craigslist.... 5 people will call and he will tell all of them to show up at the same time first one there wins...... You have to be quick and jump on it....
Yup, I hate that too, Cooter.

Yeah CL is full of flakes. I will get 5 calls all saying they want it and nobody shows up. And on the other side of the fence. My 3 cents again. I would not post the item you wanted on this site or any other site until you have it in your hands! You advertised for everyone to see and not everyone has scruples. Not me, but someone else local and also seeing your post could have done the WTF. So maybe next time, save your bragging rights until after you have it in your hands…sorry, Dave
Thanks Dave. That is honestly some really good advice.

Back