Show Us your Welders!

It's a blessing in disguise. If I had a nickel for every neverlast horror story I heard on the forums......

I'm not a customer so I can only refer to anecdotal evidence thorugh forum posts, but the evidence is there

I am sure I could find slanderous web posts against any maker of any product.
I put more trust in first hand experience.

My personal experience with Everlast has been FANTASTIC!

I got a great TIG machine and cooler from them several years ago.
Then since that went well I also bought a plasma torch from them last year.
I have nothing but good things to say about their products.
Great price, very fast shipping, everything was packaged well.
Good instructions for set-up and use.
Both machines and their accessories are well built and have worked flawlessly!

I have never needed a true support claim.
However, after I got the TIG machine I was afraid of burning up the original paper copy of the full manual in the shop.
I saw that the manual was not available on their web site as the machine was newer.
I emailed them to ask and had the PDF manual within minutes, _after_hours_ on a Friday night!

I have also bought some TIG consumables from them, since they are inexpensive and just easier than driving to a welding supply store.

Everlast machines have been great for me!

-brino

I am sure I could find slanderous web posts against any maker of any product.
I put more trust in first hand experience.

My personal experience with Everlast has been FANTASTIC!

I got a great TIG machine and cooler from them several years ago.
Then since that went well I also bought a plasma torch from them last year.
I have nothing but good things to say about their products.
Great price, very fast shipping, everything was packaged well.
Good instructions for set-up and use.
Both machines and their accessories are well built and have worked flawlessly!

I have never needed a true support claim.
However, after I got the TIG machine I was afraid of burning up the original paper copy of the full manual in the shop.
I saw that the manual was not available on their web site as the machine was newer.
I emailed them to ask and had the PDF manual within minutes, _after_hours_ on a Friday night!

I have also bought some TIG consumables from them, since they are inexpensive and just easier than driving to a welding supply store.

Everlast machines have been great for me!

-brino

In a similar vein, yesterday I wrote to Everlast asking about breaker size for the 185DV and got a reply within an hour. On Easter Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good, previous years there were lots of issues with their service. I'm glad to hear it is working out for those who have shed out their hard earned cash for the machines. :encourage:

Regarding Everlast welders, a few years ago when I was in the market I found a youtube vid or two where a guy disassembled an Everlast and a comparable Miller. It was interesting to see the difference in construction of the circuit boards and such on the inside.

The Miller was more thoughtfully laid out, neater in appearance with fewer bridging wires, and the boards were more solidly attached. Some of the Everlast boards were attached to each other in odd ways, necessitating the use of lots of wires to connect the boards and some boards had no physical fasteners other than solder joints. All the Miller ones were screwed into place.

That being said, if you place the welder on a cart and move it very seldomly, it's probably a non issue. If you had to move the welder around a lot or take it to jobs and such, the Miller would likely be more trouble free in the long run.

The Alpha definitely get high marks.

@DavidR8
I have used MANY different tigs. Even Fronius...I'm not going to say the AHP is better in every way, but 5-6K versus what..$800. Hands down AHP. Had mine for about 4 years now...I've done razor blades up to 1/2 hot rolled mild steel. I've always been impressed. I did add the CK flex-Loc torch and a Nova pedal....but AHP has listened and upgraded to a RotoFlex torch and Nova pedal standard now. That would have saved me 4-$500!

@DavidR8
I have used MANY different tigs. Even Fronius...I'm not going to say the AHP is better in every way, but 5-6K versus what..$800. Hands down AHP. Had mine for about 4 years now...I've done razor blades up to 1/2 hot rolled mild steel. I've always been impressed. I did add the CK flex-Loc torch and a Nova pedal....but AHP has listened and upgraded to a RotoFlex torch and Nova pedal standard now. That would have saved me 4-$500!

Thanks, AHP has the 201 on sale right now for $720 including shipping. They’re sold out till the end of April but I’ve got an inquiry into them for shipping cost to Canada.
Currency exchange puts $720 USD at $1000 CDN.
An Everlast 185DV is $1350 shipped.

The AHP gets rave reviews and is better equipped than the Everlast.

So the AHP is the route I’ll likely go.

Heard from AHP.

Guess I won’t be buying an AHP machine as they don’t ship outside of the US.

Next!

Man that sucks! If it wouldn’t cost a fortune, I’d ship it to you...guess you gotta do what you gotta do...
Thanks mate, really appreciate the offer.
I've got an email into Primeweld asking if they ship to Canada. If they don't then it will be Everlast.

In conversing with Oleg Gladshtyen (owner?) of AHP he tells me that they are working on a program to ship to Canada but to wait a few months as they will have a new model coming out...

Back