Small addition for a small shop

You only get Carbon monoxide with incomplete combustion... Carbon dioxide with good combustion. CO is much worse for you...

You might spend a few bucks on a detector... better safe/warned

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

"I am horrible at drywall......just look at the outlets. Lol!"

They make oversize outlet covers. The plastic ones are easy to trim with a fine tooth saw. I used an Exacto back saw to trim some outlet covers that were too close to some trim.

Check all the seams of your sheetrock and caulk any place that will leak air. I don't know if you have enough clearance in the joints between garage door sections, but a strip of thin weather-strip could cut down on cold air infiltration there. Keeping cold air out is as important as keeping warm air in.

I am another vote for white paint. Semi-gloss is more dirt-resistant than flat. Neither will cause glare.

I got this cart for free. I'm looking for a 2' x 3' steel plate to attach to the top to make it into a welding table. The thicker the better. Ideally at least 1/2". 20230307_150934.jpg

For the guys stressing about the propane heater....it only has to run about 15 to 20 minutes and the electric heater is enough to maintain 60⁰ on low. There is no incomplete combustion and no hint of low oxygen.

I just put up another 7000 lumen Commercial Electric light and with the light colored walls no paint will be necessary. Maybe someday I'll want to spruce it up but not for a long time. It is very bright in there right now. With 3 - 7000 lumen lights and a 2000 lumen walmart special.

What is most important is that my grinding bench is extremely well lit as is the press area. I want to put in one more Commercial Electric light in my main shop and move a walmart special into my new fab shop.

Also: a lot of carbon monoxide.
With clean combustion and no low oxygen there is near zero carbon monoxide.

If you run a tank top heater without proper ventilation, like in a tightly closed up room, low oxygen will cause incomplete combustion and carbon monoxide.

My new fab shop has lots of leaks and a door that gets opened often.

Back