Small addition for a small shop

I decided my grinder bench would not get in the way of the drywall jack so I built it. I added an angled support bracket after this picture.

The bench is only 12" wide. That is plenty of room for my biggest bench grinder. Not enough room for clutter.

20230228_093553.jpg

Did you, or are you going to, close in the ceiling? Just noticed in the older pics it's open. Also, a down and dirty coat of anything white on the walls and ceiling will optimize the lighting. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, just know how much it made a difference in my shop.

Did you, or are you going to, close in the ceiling? Just noticed in the older pics it's open. Also, a down and dirty coat of anything white on the walls and ceiling will optimize the lighting. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, just know how much it made a difference in my shop.

The ceiling is insulated and the drywall is going up next weekend when I can borrow a drywall jack and a friend.

The drywall is pretty light colored. When i get the two 7000 lumen lights in next week it will get a heck of a lot brighter. I've got a spare crappy 4 ft light that will go directly above the grinding bench until I get more quality lights. When all is said and done I'll have around 6 - 4ft lights in a 15'x10' space

I borrowed a drywall jack....

20230301_122553.jpg

Then I started moving stuff in!

My arbor presses and crappy hydraulic press. The other end of the bench will have my welder once I wire up a plug next to the bench. My oxy- acetylene torch set fit like the spot was made for it.

20230301_171313.jpg

My grinder bench. The stock shelf will go out next to the larger stock shelf in the main garage. No need to keep it warm.

20230301_171325.jpg

My lights will be in tomorrow or Friday. I'll have the garage door insulated in the next couple days.

I am exhausted and very pleased. This has already decluttered part of my garage and now my presses and grinders are in a well lit and uncluttered space.

I highly recommend the paint; much brighter and oil stains don't spread. Easier cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Back