Small addition for a small shop

Nice! Seeing the ceiling shot and the garage door track reminded me of sheathing my shop ceiling and dealing with my two door's tracks. That was sucky. lol

Yeah, @Batmanacw did you unbolt the door track hangers? I have a 3 stall garage and I’m looking at the door track hardware and hating the thought of trying to Sheetrock around it all. But unbolting the hangers sounds kind of sketchy…

Yeah, @Batmanacw did you unbolt the door track hangers? I have a 3 stall garage and I’m looking at the door track hardware and hating the thought of trying to Sheetrock around it all. But unbolting the hangers sounds kind of sketchy…
I just took out the lags in the joists and let them hang. I cranked the drywall jack above them and slid the drywall right into place.

Then I just guessed when I ran the lags back in and they followed the original holes as they drilled through the drywall.

The hardest part is how uneven the ceiling joists are in my garage. I made the walls 1" shorter than the ceiling so I could slide the drywall right over the top. It worked out okay but it wasn't pretty. I suck at drywall......lol

I suck at it too, and my wife says she’s never heard me cuss as much as when I was taping and muddying the bathroom. But it costs enough to have it done that I keep winding up diy-ing it

I just took out the lags in the joists and let them hang. I cranked the drywall jack above them and slid the drywall right into place.

Then I just guessed when I ran the lags back in and they followed the original holes as they drilled through the drywall.
Same here. Except I used OSB. It was cheaper than sheetrock at the time

Same here. Except I used OSB. It was cheaper than sheetrock at the time

I originally intended to use osb but it was crazy expensive at the time. I'm glad I did go with drywall because my shop is very bright with the light walls.

The drywall is really just there to protect the insulation. Lol

Yeah, I pre-painted them on the floor before hanging them. Bit of a pain but worth it for the light.

Quick shop tour.

New shop lights. I think I really only need one more above the grinder bench.

20230302_165538.jpg

Insulated the garage door.

20230302_190854.jpg

Opened the garage door. I think I'll move the stock shelf into the main garage. I need a bigger press!

20230302_191008.jpg

Through the 4 ft door into the machine shop.

20230302_191023.jpg

It's small but that makes it easy to heat and clean.

The shop extension cost me around $1k all in. It has already helped declutter my main garage. The space is very easy to heat quickly. It's well lit and there is room for a welding table.

Back