Small Atlas Lathe

That wood wedge is the trick. In putting my 618 back together I thought I would use a 3L300 belt because I had four laying around.....
Wrong, too short. I had a 3L360 but thought I'd order a 3L330. Worked ok. But I wished I had used a 3L340.... Now to turn that four step
countershaft pully as the small grove is broke...

Before you go to work on that bear, there is one on ebay now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-CRAFT...142?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564b56efce

"Billy G" :thinking:

Well, it's only been a short time(less than 30 hrs) and the bed and legs are finished. They are painted Hammered Gray.

"Billy G" :whistle:

lbd (750 x 563).jpg

After opening and dismantling the headstock all that can be saved id the bearings, spindle and housing. About 200 in damage, OUCH.

"Billy G" :thinking:

ouch 001 (700 x 525).jpg ouch 002 (700 x 525).jpg ouch 003 (700 x 525).jpg ouch 004 (700 x 525).jpg

Bill,
Youre a metal magician why not just duplicate the parts. That P&W shows youre plenty talented to do that with ease. I vote you do that as a project if your not too busy.
Bob

Stop twisting my arm so hard, it hurts. :rofl: OK, sounds like fun. A rebuild it is.

Hey Bill What kind of paint / coating did you use on that bed? can you give me a link to buy some ?

Hey Bill What kind of paint / coating did you use on that bed? can you give me a link to buy some ?

It's nothing special. Over the counter Rustoleum Hammered Silver. That's right, plain old rattlecan finish. Got 3 cans at Home Depot.

Rustoleum # 261406 Hammered Silver. Paint and Primer all in one can. Very hard finish. Will take a beating.

rust (700 x 525).jpg

It's nothing special. Over the counter Rustoleum Hammered Silver. That's right, plain old rattlecan finish. Got 3 cans at Home Depot.

Rustoleum # 261406 Hammered Silver. Paint and Primer all in one can. Very hard finish. Will take a beating.

Thanks Mr.G, I've been looking for the secret to the Hammertone and Black Wrinkle Pant/Coating/Finish for 100 years. I'll give the Rattle Can a Honest try, I wonder if I can let out all the Propelent, and Cut the can open Then Paint it with a Regular spray gun? my Litttle Unimat has a Hammertone silver finnish that has for the most part held up for the better of 50 Years :)

Back