Small Atlas Lathe

What are you using in the crockpot Billy? Looks kinda tasty....:rofl:

Anti Freeze full strength. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G" :whistle:

I guess it's time for the proof. You have heard me go on about Crockpot cleaning. Does it work -- YES I added 1 pint of Evapo-Rust to the AF. Now it was time to clean the Tailstock. It was froze solid. Had me worried at this point
Into the pot it went for 48hrs. The next two pics are the after.
Now we will remove all the paint and buff the ram. Lookin good so far. For some unknown reason the pix posted in reverse order. The first two are after and the bottom two the before???

"Billy G" :phew:

cpc 001 (700 x 525).jpg cpc 002 (700 x 525).jpg cpc 003 (700 x 525).jpg cpc 004 (700 x 525).jpg

This is what happens when you get caught up in cleaning and restoration of a machine. Long way to go yet but it's gonna be georgeous. Tailstock is done.

"Billy G"

beaut (700 x 525).jpg

I've got a 50's Craftsman wood lathe I ought to do that to. It's a nice, indoor kept machine, but it doesn't look new any more.

That lathe will look new, and with Bill doing it, probably work as new too.

Thanx guys, the kind words are greatly appreciated. Tony it will run better than new. I am going to add a second longitudinal lead screw for power feed on that axis. I just need to figure out how to run the second lead screw. I am leaning toward a slow speed high torque gear motor I have hanging around that has a variable speed. Time will tell. Lots of things brewing here in the Cave. :lmao: Till the next time keep the chips flowing and be happy.

"Billy G" :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Works every time. Years of grime gone overnight. Someday I'll invest in a parts washer but right now it's not needed.

"Billy G" :thinking:

ccp (700 x 525).jpg

Back