Small Lathe

Tell us your thoughts/goals. What does it do better or open up to you ? Please post as you do projects, seems like there has to be some great projects on these little units but I don't see them being shared as much as the big guys.
Congratulations on a new unit !

That must be an oldie. I see it has a powered lead screw. That is good. I assume it can cut threads?
Robert

Wow, that is an old one. I'm guessing from your location that is one of the originals when they were still being made in Australia.

Ha ha ha I also thought it was cute, I felt sentimental the moment I saw it. I have a Mini lathe already and I though it would be handy to have 2 and also it's really small and my son likes to sit with me so he can be trained on it with plastic rod. I have looked around and it looks like it can do threads, it hans't arrive yet but when it does I will take more photos. If if needs some gears etc to connect to the thread turning bit that will be a neat little project. I ordered the belt for it today also.

Tell us your thoughts/goals. What does it do better or open up to you ? Please post as you do projects, seems like there has to be some great projects on these little units but I don't see them being shared as much as the big guys.
Congratulations on a new unit !

Almost all the stuff I do is small/tiny so I think this will suite.

Almost all the stuff I do is small/tiny so I think this will suite.
That's what they all say...in the beginning. Soon you will be trying to turn a 7 x 20 inch cylinder on that thing. And cursing.
Robert

Back