So... How many here still have there first truck?

My first truck was a Tinker Toy. It would probably be worth more today than the rust bucket I drive. Around here rust will eat up a truck long before you are ready to give it up. I had a few trucks over the years and miss them all.

When I returned Stateside in '86, I found a '49 Chev 3800. Not sure if it was a 3/4 or 1 Ton. It had 18" duals but with lockrings. I replaced them with singles and 16" tires. For about the same money as ONE 18" tire. Ah, the sea stories that go with the "flivver truck".

Had a few before, several after. I don't much like automobiles. Been a pickup driver since I came out of the military in the early '70s. Currently have a '68 Chev C-30 with a 283 (?265?) and 4 speed. And a PTO dump bed. It needs a new cab, and rewiring. But I don't drive any more so have plenty of time. (5 too many strokes)

Favorite, after the flivver truck, would be a 2004 Chev 2500 HD, with 6.6 Diesel and Allison Xmission. After that would be a Dodge 2500 with Cummins and 5 speed. The Chev would outrun the Dodge, but the Dodge would outpull the Chev. Man VS Auto transmission, I guess. All the rest were gasoline engines. And most have some serious sea stories to one extent or another.

The difference between a "sea story" and a fairy tale: The fairy tale starts off "Once upon a time~~~" and a "sea story" as "No S81t, I was there and I saw it~~~".

My first truck is lonnng gone . Still have a 93 2 dr K5 Blazer , 94 Suburban and 02 F250 deisel.

Wow you just don't see them old Datsun PU's anymore, especially pre '70. My first one was a '76 Datsun. If it had been a '74 (don't need smog) I'd probably still be driving it. Wasn't big and pretty spartan but could actually haul a good load and that old 1800cc engine was just bullet proof. But all the smog equipment rusted away and the carb was junk. Put a 2 barrel Weber on it I had laying around and got it jetted right it was quick for what it was. Traded it in on '93 Nissan PU and can't live without PU since.

I still have the same engine and trans. Thanks to living in the rust belt, and having to meet Pa's crazy state inspection program, they have been in in 3 trucks, and currently sitting in my 78 Ramcharger.

My first truck was a 1974 Ford Bronco and its sitting 10 feet away from me right now. My second truck was a 1989 Nissan that was given to a friend and my current one is a 2003 Tundra Stepside. All of them were red because that's the color a pickup should be!

I'm all jealous, I've never owned a truck, long time back I had my eye on a very clean F100, but in the end I missed it.

I wish I still had my first car though, 1931"A" model Ford 2 door rag top but it was a beauty, loved it

Closest thing to truck would be my current drive a 2018 Isuzu MUX 4 x 4 wagon 3L turbo diesel. with 6 sp auto plus H - L and 2 x 4 or 4 x 4. Great for towing the caravan.

I've owned 2 red Toyota Tacomas and 2 red Chevy S-10s . Wish I had any of them now . :)

I don't have my first pickup or the next 5 I have owned. I do still drive the first brand new one I ever purchased. 2000 Silverado ext cab 5.3 with a towing package. Currently 274000 miles and peeling clear coat but runs great. I have been driving a company pickup from 2004 to present. Currently on my 5th company pickup 97000 miles so far.

I forgot to mention company pickups are not for personal use
Here is a picture of my 2000 Silverado.
KIMG1830.jpg

Back