So what's the best rust proofer?

That is irresponsible with something that fast. Wouldn't be a problem with a big cruiser or a sailboat, he should be banned!

As to the sailboat comment, i had the receiver batteries die on me while trying to bring a Victor Soling 1meter in do dock.

The sails and rudder were set just so that it took off across the lake (this is a big fast boat) and I had to go swimming.

Got a kids floatie, a giraffe if I remember correctly, and made for it. Every time it would turn up into the wind and stall I would almost swim up to it to grab it, but not soon enough and it would heel back and catch the wind again and off it would go.

I swam clear across the lake before finally catching it. It probably made 10-12 of these lazy half circles crossing the lake, probably 300 yards or more.

I loved that boat and have a Dumas heritage 12M stashed away for retirement. 55” hull that takes 16-20lbs of lead in the keel with a 72” mast.

Too big to even setup in the average height room.

Corrosion-X is good stuff. I've used it to make PCBs immersible. You can spray it right onto electronics, works better than conformal coating because it penetrates the board without damaging components while sometimes conformal leaves tiny voids due to its high surface tension. The Corrosion-X treatment is a one-and-done scenario. It's cheap for small uses, but I could not imagine the cost of using it as Armor All for an airplane. I bet it keeps ice from sticking, though.
It is being used internally, John, for corrosion protection, not externally.
As far as cost, when it comes to aviation, cost is of no concern. LOL

It is being used internally, John, for corrosion protection, not externally.
As far as cost, when it comes to aviation, cost is of no concern. LOL
Well that makes a lot more sense than my inverted thinking. Also the part about not pinching pennies with Harbor Freight rivets.

The cost is not too bad. We pay $300 to have our Cessna 150 treated, and most of that cost is labor. They only used about a quart of Corosion-X. They basically fog the inside of the wings and empennage. Repeat ever 2 to 5 years. The alternative is to do nothing and risk the airplane eventually corroding to the point it is declared not airworthy and condemned to the scrap yard.

Back