Some pictures of the PM 835

Stripping off the Cosmo! This mill is tall as hell compared to a series 1 Bridgeport. All the functions are essentially identical so I will meld well! I like the height. My lathe is way too low....that's a whole different subject. Was happy to see that it came with the one pump lubrication system. This thing is heavy compared to even larger machines so keep that in mind those still waiting. I did use the smaller engine hoist for final positioning and as long as you don't try to completely pick it up you can scoot it. Happy milling!

IMG_20180130_094633948.jpg

IMG_20180130_094620912.jpg

Zeroed in pretty easy. Well under .001". Good enough for me! It will get better as I keep on tinkering. Here's a crappy video of my favorite mill indicator in use....

Attachments

• VID_20180130_150246496.mp4
    40.2 MB · Views: 216
Is that the Starrett last word?
I don't know what it's called. Got it from my brother in law who is no longer a machinist. It's a little kit with a bunch of handy accessories. Each graduation is .001", so probably not the last word. I have a mitutoyo that goes to .0005". That's as close as I need to be. If I lost that starrett kit I would definitely buy another!

Cool your off to a great start fun to see how orhers are doing
Are you having any problems with your paint chipping

Cool your off to a great start fun to see how orhers are doing
Are you having any problems with your paint chipping
I chipped the crap out of it around the base. Pretty normal for Asian machines. They put like Bondo under the paint or something! Lol

DERN that base and column is exactly the same as my old enco. But they sure improved the the top making it just like a smaller Bridgeport. I really like this pm . Good luck you'll have great times with her , congratulations well done .

Back