Some pictures of the PM 835

I’ve been told mine should hit the highway Monday, I hope to have it delivered next Friday. Now comes the fun of moving it into its final resting place. I’m hoping that they will at least move it to the back of my garage, and then maybe I can get one of those 2 ton engine hoist and just coax it into its final birth. I did order the elastomer legs that Matt sells, I’m hoping the hoist still get it up enough so that I can put them into the holes in the base

I got the leveling pads too they came with one nut a washer for each and the holes in the base of the machine are as big as the nut so my plan is to make some bushings for them that way i will be able to level the machine and have it on isolators as well

I’m kind of wondering if same thing. I think I’m going to pick up one of the harbor freight one ton engine hoists . Does everyone think this would be up for the job, the mill weighs in about 1,400 so I am supposing it is? I thought I would try to hook the hook from the hoist on the eye hook and then crank it up and scoot out the pallet. Of course, I am going to have to put those leveling feet underneath it before I set it. I’m wondering if I would be able to use the engine hoist with the mill hanging from it to wheel it in exactly the right spot

measure the wedth and height of the feet then the max exstended height of the lifting hook it should lift it but might not get around or under table or high enough to lower mill to right spot. also you really need a short lifting strap to get lifting hook as close to the millas you can

I just set mine down without any pads. On a mill it's not like you need to pull any twist out of it like on a lathe. I wouldn't even worry about leveling pads. Just shim it so it's mostly level and sets on all four corners. If you are short you will need a step stool to change out tooling even without leveling pads!

Does the ram rotate, or is the "turret" bolted down solid to the column?

It rotates like 10 degrees or so.
An advantage to turret head mills is that the turret may be rotated to do work that is not on the table, and also to achieve some other tricks. I have never done so, but still...
Just sayin'...

Haha I won't! Probably end up with a bigger mill someday with cnc.

Made this left hand thread M10x1.5 flange nut with my PM 835S mill and PM 1440HD lathe. Made a threaded arbor that included the old stripped out nut for indexing wrench flats. Used a piece of 4140 rifle barrel blank I had laying around from an auction score. Better than OEM!

IMG_20180206_110818086.jpg

IMG_20180205_215533066.jpg

Back