Spending Christmas Eve on HM .

Merry Christmas to all,too!

Dave, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. Hang in there, buddy. We're all pulling for you!

Dave, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. Hang in there, buddy. We're all pulling for you!
Thanks Mike , I think I'll be fine , just taking it easy for a while . This just came in over the phone which is quite alarming . Maybe that's why they cautioned me about large crowds . :cautious:

^^^ That beer will make your chemo foam. Be careful. :party:

Me, my wife, and all 3 of my kids got uninvited from the family gathering at my moms house. I caught the flu about 2 weeks ago, and had a relapse recently. My wife currently has a fever and feels all around crappy. We both tested negative for covid yesterday. My son (who I haven't seen for almost a month) and his girlfriend tested positive for covid this week and are doing ok. My twin girls, who aren't ill at all were uninvited because they were hanging out with my son a week or so ago.
So, I spent some quality time in my shop today while my wife was in bed.

I started turning this L00 backplate for a new 10" 4jaw chuck. This backplate is pretty dern big. It was 1 1/4" thick and 8" in diameter. When done the center part will be 1" thick and the rest will be 3/4".
20211224_154732.jpg
Also, finished up a job on the cnc router that I started in August! This is the last of 72 pieces that I had to make. The wife said that I should get this done before the new year.
20211224_154147.jpg
The kids are grown, so there are no toys to assemble. All in all, a pretty relaxing Christmas Eve.

Me, my wife, and all 3 of my kids got uninvited from the family gathering at my moms house. I caught the flu about 2 weeks ago, and had a relapse recently. My wife currently has a fever and feels all around crappy. We both tested negative for covid yesterday. My son (who I haven't seen for almost a month) and his girlfriend tested positive for covid this week and are doing ok. My twin girls, who aren't ill at all were uninvited because they were hanging out with my son a week or so ago.
So, I spent some quality time in my shop today while my wife was in bed.

I started turning this L00 backplate for a new 10" 4jaw chuck. This backplate is pretty dern big. It was 1 1/4" thick and 8" in diameter. When done the center part will be 1" thick and the rest will be 3/4".
View attachment 389689
Also, finished up a job on the cnc router that I started in August! This is the last of 72 pieces that I had to make. The wife said that I should get this done before the new year.
View attachment 389691
The kids are grown, so there are no toys to assemble. All in all, a pretty relaxing Christmas Eve.
well it won't be relaxing after that backplate, now get to work vacuuming up all that cast iron grit.. :grin big:

Back