Spindle speed

You guys are the best!! ER 32 collet system it is. I’m trying to buy tooling and learn the best or closest to the best way possible to do machining so when I step up to a Bridgeport mill I’ll be in respectable standings to use such machine. I’m just a car hobbyist that needs parts machines and or made from time to time and hate waiting to get work done at a shop.

Does 120.00 seem fair for a new Glacern ER32 R8 chuck? No collets, just the chuck.

Yes that’s the one I was looking at Mikey. It’ll be about 120.00 shipped. Does that price seem fair? I messaged the seller and there’s no wrench with the chuck. The wrench is 16.95 extra. I wanted to ask you guys if the price was fair then I’m going to see if they’ll combine items for shipping.

Yeah, that price is fair. I do not own one but I will someday. The specs on the chuck are very, very good. If you use good collets (not cheap; good) in it, it will serve you well for many years. Spring for the wrench; you will need it.

Well I’m the owner of a Glacern chuck and wrench. :cool:

Now I need to locate a set of collets that’ll work nicely with the chuck.

I am using and enjoying the R8-ER40 in my Mill. ER40 has 1" (25mm) capability while ER-32 stops at 0.8" (20mm).

I have ER40 collet that can hold up to 1.1875".

I suggested an ER32 because this is a benchtop machine that in all probability will not use huge cutters.

Back