Spring has Sprung !

It snowed and rained here today. Spring is coming tough - I saw a groundhog out this week - he had best go back to sleep for a while. Still close to 2' of snow on the ground.
Michael

Snow's finally gone from the yard, but still not very far up the mountains.

It is snowing heavily again, this evening. All of the trees are covered in white.... looks like a Christmas card... :)

But, robins, red-winged blackbirds and grackles have been sighted in the area..... all wearing toques and snowshoes... ;)

Brian

Grass is in full swing for us and I killed our first snake of the year today. But started seeing them about a month ago.

I guess it's spring here also. Looks like I'm going to have to dust off the lawn mower. Only about 60 here today, should be near 70 by Monday.

A shot out my front door

spring.jpg

We had a pretty nutsy winter for NJ, so there are still piles of icy snow outside, quite small as of this weekend after some beautiful Spring days!

But those last lumps of snow are still clinging on! Hah hah!

Bernie

Holy mackerel... !!!

What the heck is all that green stuff on the ground.... ???? You must have experienced a nuclear fallout or something...

It's still - 15 degrees celsius here.... = 5 degrees fahrenheit.... :yikes:

Brian

I spoke too soon. A bit of fresh snow today. Mostly gone from the back yard, but still some out front. (Further north.)

Snow has left here in central Delaware in the last couple of days. Maybe a pile that was pushed up still showing. Looking for a chance for a little more in the next couple of days, but no big deal. Had a hard time yesterday getting the snow geese out of my wheat. Walking out got them up, but they kept coming back. Finally got serious and carried a gun to convince them. They'll probably be back today. Their breast go mighty good in a big pot of vegetable soup. It will be on the wood stove tomorrow.

Back