Spring has Sprung !

I was starting to have some hope in the last week, as some very small patches of ground were showing around some trees... but......

Big storm heading up the eastern seabord and expected to dump 30-50 centimeters ( 12"-20" ) .... with 60 mph wind speeds, storm surges, etc. :yikes:

Brian

I have already mowed once last week, and with the spring rain:mad: we have had I already have to mow again!

Jake Parker

SPRING HAS SPRUNG.... A LEAK.... !!!!!!!

That's what the title should be for us northerners... ;)

We just got done with last week's blizzard and 40 cm. of snow, when we got hit with another storm yesterday and overnight, although not nearly as bad as last week's.... snow and freezing rain, but there is another storm coming this evening with 15- 25 cm. of snow and more freezing rain this afternoon...

I started a trapline when I was eleven years old and was out in any kind of weather for ten years and then, as a carpenter, working outdoors in all kinds of weather. I don't normally care much, nor am I bothered by the weather.... but I am finally tiring of winter. I have a few outdoor projects that I'd like to get done and am itching to get to them. I'd love to get my vegetable garden planted.... it looks like we might lose a full month of growing this year.

But, there are still new signs of spring, despite the weather. I heard the cheerful chatter of a warbler outside my window a couple of mornings ago... a true harbinger of spring... :)

Cheers... :)

Brian

Brain,
It didn't get cold enough long enough this winter to kill last years garden.Got some Ghost Peppers started and will be planting them this week.They are 1,000 times hotter than jalapeno peppers. I'm goining to make some BBQ sauce with them.Should sort out the men from the boys.:rofl: Last year I dried out some hot peppers and sprinkled the ant mounds and didn't have any trouble all summer. ************G**********garden 005.jpggarden 001.jpg

garden 005.jpg garden 001.jpg

Back