Stall every 5 seconds in app.

Link. The steps are several posts down on the first page. Did not try this myself. I just joined the beta (on the google play touchdro page) since Yuri is got a fix soon.
Thanks for the link! After reading the procedure, I think I'll wait for Yuriy's update. I have a lot more faith in his updates than a procedure with the potential to exceed my patience and leave my tablet in pieces against the wall. After retiring from 30 years in IT & electronics, I find I don't have any interest in solving any more computer problems and prefer to spend my time learning machining.

I logged this as a bug with Samsung today using the Samsung members app.

Got a reply with the usual BS. Reset your bluetooth and network settings and power cycle the phone

And I explained in detail the problem with steps to reproduce using any bluetooth terminal app as well as included a link to this thread...

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Are the display numbers accurate after it comes out of the momentary Bluetooth stalls? If the positions are still accurate, I can deal with hiccups in the display for now. I'm just not sure what to trust at the moment.

Are the display numbers accurate after it comes out of the momentary Bluetooth stalls? If the positions are still accurate, I can deal with hiccups in the display for now. I'm just not sure what to trust at the moment.
Actually just realized the problem is way more significant than I thought. It looks like touchdro is losing track and dropping some precision during the stalls with my ditron glass scales.

I was setting up to drill some holes in a row down the top of my part. Set the edge of the part to zero, then moved in a few mm to my first hole location, set a datum point, spot drilled. Repeated this with the second hole which was just about 20mm further down on the same axis. Moved the table back off to the side so I could swap to my drill bit. Moved back to the first hole and it was slightly off. Then moved to my second and it was very off. Realized something was wrong.

So I did some testing. Using my edge finder I set the zero point against the edge of the part again. Moved the table 50mm in the x and then back and retested the edge. The measurement was off almost 1mm. Moved it 50 mm again and back and this time more than 2mm.

For my system (iGaging capacitive scales and older version of TouchDRO), the DRO doesn't lose position after the glitch.

I had a problem in the past where the display would jump by some multiple of.2", usually when shutting down the lathe motor. Adding capacitors to the iGaging read head solved that problem.

Actually just realized the problem is way more significant than I thought. It looks like touchdro is losing track and dropping some precision during the stalls with my ditron glass scales.

You have a different problem I suspect.

The interface boards that Yuri sells keeps track of the position, not the tablet. The interface boards transmit actual positions not a count. If you monitor the serial comms you would see it is transmitting
X:234,Y:534,Z:756...
The pausing we are talking about happens in this stream so positions are not lost but maybe delayed.

If you are loosing track then your interface is missing interrupts from your glass scales, your glass scales have a problem or perhaps there is a mechanical problem with the mounting of the scales

You have a different problem I suspect.

The interface boards that Yuri sells keeps track of the position, not the tablet. The interface boards transmit actual positions not a count. If you monitor the serial comms you would see it is transmitting
X:234,Y:534,Z:756...
The pausing we are talking about happens in this stream so positions are not lost but maybe delayed.

If you are loosing track then your interface is missing interrupts from your glass scales, your glass scales have a problem or perhaps there is a mechanical problem with the mounting of the scales

Oh man I don't like to hear that. I am wondering if I ran the axis past the limits of the scale or something. I will have to do some testing. Although I might wait until after the stall gets resolved just to remove that from the equation and not confuse me.

Well, I bit the bullet and tried the rollback procedure that @AlexPeel159 provided the link to, and once I figured out the correct folder to place the substitute files in, it worked great. I'm back running some version of Android 12 and TouchDRO is running smoothly again. I also activated the developer option and disabled auto updates. Hopefully, I won't make that mistake again the next time I have a brain stall.

Hi Folks,
I finally published the build to "open testing" with the fix for the power management bug. It is "Build 2023-09-23".
I've tested it with several tablets and every version of the TouchDRO board, and didn't register the glitch even once.
Sorry it took a bit longer - had some interesting side effects with the old MSP430 boards to iron out.

Please let me know how it goes (once you get it).
Regards
Yuriy

I was setting up to drill some holes in a row down the top of my part. Set the edge of the part to zero, then moved in a few mm to my first hole location, set a datum point, spot drilled. Repeated this with the second hole which was just about 20mm further down on the same axis. Moved the table back off to the side so I could swap to my drill bit. Moved back to the first hole and it was slightly off. Then moved to my second and it was very off. Realized something was wrong.

So I did some testing. Using my edge finder I set the zero point against the edge of the part again. Moved the table 50mm in the x and then back and retested the edge. The measurement was off almost 1mm. Moved it 50 mm again and back and this time more than 2mm.
So as stated in another thread. My scale was broken because I ran it past the limit. Nothing to do with Touchdro.

Back