Stupid questions thread

Does anyone know the what the amperage range is to run this 1109 welding rod. I can’t find specs for it anywhere.

Now that is a truly stupid question! LULZ! Hats off, Sir you win!:laughing::face slap:

I have never heard that one before.....I'm dying....Stop....

Last edited:
When I worked at the cannery, which was right on the salt water, I was doing some repairs to overhead pipe brackets down on the wharf.

Seeing as I was up on an extension ladder welding, I had a helper that was taking the measurements I hollered down to him and cutting the gussets for me while I welded them up. I ran out of rod and asked him to run back to the shop and grab me another 5# can of "6011 Rust Rod".

He wandered back a while later and said "I couldn't find any more Rust Rod, is regular 6011 okay?" Friends, he was dead serious! I didn't have the heart to tell him so I just thanked him and said the 6011 would do in a pinch.

All kidding aside that wrench was invented by a local company here in Sudbury, The Rastall Nut and Bolt Company, it was designed for the mining industry. A standard adjustable wrench of that size wouldn't open large enough to attach air and water lines to drills, so Jim Rastall invented one. And yes the one side is designed to be a hammer, this way the miners only had to carry one tool on there already heavy belts . The company has sold them all over the world. They also make one with a spud on the end for structural steel alignment.

Last edited:
Thanks, aliva! I now feel vindicated :)

for tubing if the ID is larger than the OD the hole is on the outside
Roger L

I'd love to get an order for a million of those!
Even at $1 a piece.....................I think I could ship them for almost nothing.
-brino

Buy a bunch of petered-out oil wells, pull them out of the ground, saw them into lengths, and sell them for fence post holes. Wish I'd thought to do that back when I lived in Odessa, Texas!

I forgot to mention the end of the wrench is designed to fit a standard Victaulic 2" pipe clamp nut, a very common water and air line used underground.

Back