Sudden stop

Also what Brino said- you didn't accidentally bump the stop switch or joggle the protective cover switch? Having a sudden failure like that seems suspiciously like an operator-caused effect

There is no stop switch on this Little lathe--but if there is a safety switch in the back where you remove the gear cover then i dont see it

If you have the 7x10 with safety interlocks one of them could cause the problem. Also I had a similar problem and found the speed potentiometer had a switch on the bottom that had broken causing the problem. LMS has schematics for the HF 7x10.

Roy

I looked for one , did not see any--I wish it was only that--think I fried the board

Little Machine Shop has a troubleshooting guide for mini lathe controllers.

-Mark

If I remember right, behind the speed control potentiometer is the safety switch, it might not have reset when lathe was overloaded.
I had some notes somewhere on this, not sure where they come from, I have more notes just need to find them somewhere..

If you cant get it going I will search for my notes for you..

Behind-?--do you mean inside the plastic housing the speed pot is mounted on

I believe that is right, can you access the wires there, could be different model lathe, not 100% sure

do you see terminals 3 and 5?

Damn, I know I got this info off the net somewhere, cant remember where

I found some more notes and all it says is to jump between terminal 3 and 5 to bypass interlock that will not reset..
sorry this is all I have

Hope I'm not making more work for you, I see that these lathes have change alot in the years they were made.. and not sure the info I have is for yours.
not sure but I think the pot has a resistor to be checked on the back,,,

Last edited:
I dont see anything in there--im trying to send you pics of the control box wiring--let me know if they come through

Attachments

• IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3371.JPG
    IMG_3371.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    IMG_3370.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 150
Back