Sudden stop

Yes i see them, look for a terminal 3 and 5 on board,, jump them ... then try

I see that terminal 6 - 7 are safety switch you could also try jumping them also

ok--if 6 to 7 is the safety --why is there no switch for those leads and the how would i reset it to get the power working again---and thanks for all your help

I believe its self reseting

it might not have reset itsself

jumping 6 and 7 will bypass the switch

Last edited:
ok--so on the board--those 2 wires--6-and-7--come out of the Spindle Gear crank case and then go to terminal screws-6-and-7-on the PCB--like on the schematic---they do not go to a--Visible-- switch --like it shows on the schematic you sent--which--thanks for that--however--might this mean--that the--DAMN--switch is actually--in the gear crank case--please say--NO

I is possible, lots of changes over the years, but if you jumped 6 and 7 it should bypass and able to run

did you jump 6 and 7 ??

has it ever just stopped before ??

Might be stupid, a friend just called and he told me to ask if you turned speed contoller off and then on again

Last edited:
Safety interlock switch #212 part of clear safety shield:

Reset switch(part of speed control switch this was broken on my 7x10 a plastic piece inside the switch cracked)

Roy

ya--I do that every time----but no I did not jump the --6-7-wires---because I have the 2 -mosfets -out of the board right now--every thing I read on this situation said they are the first and most likely thing to go first--and I could not find any reset switch--and I did test the Bridge rectifier--so I ordered new -MOSFETS---which im waiting for--and while I do, im building a PWM circuit--and connecting it to a 4 leg pack bridge rectifier--Chip #--d4sbL40--which has 5 amp load ability--2 amp higher than the motor pulls---then caps for smoothing the dc out--and see if this solves the problem--but --I do want to know what the hell happened--so--when I put the new --MOSFEts in--i will look in the gear case to see if thats where the damn switch is--if so--I will jump the--6-7-wires out and try it--if it works--I am Moving the damn switch to where I can see it---UNLESS--it`s in the gear case to measure gear oil or something that im not aware of. yes--the machine has stalled out before while turning heavier stuff--but always came right back on--so Idk---Greg-------Thanks again for all the help

Well--yes---I do have the 2 wires on the bottom of the speed control ---but those are--#-3-and-5--and how do you reset them--or are they supposed to reset when you turn the knob off and on

My friend says that is suppose to reset, it does on his, took him a day to figure that out,
Hope you get it working, I know what its like,,
I'm not the smartest but like to help out.
Good Luck, just sitting here melting aluminum and sucking beer anyway,,,Retired so can do what I want,,,

Ya--I want to melt some aluminum to--I want to cast some plates to use for a CNC router build--but for now Ive got to fix the Lathe--and then the Band saw that broke 2 days after the lathe, then get back on the mini Front loader build---and ya--im retired to--and hurting every day--but goyta keep moving--Thanks for all your help---and if you ever need any plumbing or electrical questions answered--just ask me---im a 40 year plumber and a 25 year electrician, and I be glad to help out---with something I know about---fixin lathes--Nope---Greg

Back