Tectyl 900 gun oil for cutting fluid?

:grin: I will say that no oil is wasted in my neck of the woods !

Aren't you still supposed to be still sleeping? What time do you have now?

I'm on nightshift , work 7 pm to 7 am . It's 5 am over here .

If it were mine, I'd wait until the hazardous waste day, and give it to the waste hauler.

Suz, I don't expect that you'll harm yourself using this as cutting oil. I had to search several manufacturers of the patent product to sort out what additives were in there, and it seems to boil down to light aliphatic hydrocarbons with a small end-of-pipe allowance for branched and aromatic hydrocarbons. This stuff is basically stoddard solvent with heavy oils blended in. It'll make a cruddy cutting oil, but it would make a great solvent cleaner that leaves a lasting oily residue. If it were me, I'd use it as parts wash.

Suz, I don't expect that you'll harm yourself using this as cutting oil. I had to search several manufacturers of the patent product to sort out what additives were in there, and it seems to boil down to light aliphatic hydrocarbons with a small end-of-pipe allowance for branched and aromatic hydrocarbons. This stuff is basically stoddard solvent with heavy oils blended in. It'll make a cruddy cutting oil, but it would make a great solvent cleaner that leaves a lasting oily residue. If it were me, I'd use it as parts wash.
Thanks Pontiac.
I will keep that in mind. I have decided to NOT use it as cutting oil,but am considering it as slideway lube though and now I might consider your idea as well. Thanks

Michael

Back