The homemade MEGA Machinist chest! With pictures!!

Absolutely beautiful, true craftsmanship - - you need to build a ratty looking cloth cover for that or your wife will have it in the house before you know it.
I second this as a "project of the month" nomination!!!

Great job, I've built a few dozen cabinets and cubicles, trophy cases and tool boxes . I'm impressed your cabinet will be around longer then you . That's another reason building them well. Your family will hand it down for generations . Those are the things that set us apart. Quality shows be proud . I've got a truck load of pretty wood just wish I could still build them , saved up lace wood for a cabinet or roll top desk . Don't think ill be able stuck in this DERN wheelchair. Table saws need standing man to use ,not sitting . No more thirty foot one piece builds from this old CRIPPLE. But you young man have talent there to. As most machinist have no problem woodworking. It's the eye for detail . YUPP really good job.

If I made a tool cabinet that nice, it would be taken away from me and moved into the house to hold cross stitch stuff for my wife. Very nice.
The way you might be able to deter such a "theft" would be to tell her she'd have to move it herself :)

Absolutely awesome !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beautiful tool vault. Great write up as well. Love the pictures too.
Thanks for posting.
lk

That is an amazing project, well done.

Like everyone says watch out for it disappearing into the house :)

Stuart

I wouldn't put it past my wife to hire people to move it into the house for her. Better start another just to keep her at bay. ;)

Also, Project of the Month is so appropriate because it is easily a month long project. :)

Very very nice build!

Way better than my brown wrinkle finish Kennedy chest! It's looing beautiful.
I have a collection of Rosewood I plan on building into a chest one day and get rid of the old Kennedy chest.

Bob Beecroft

Bob at theaerosmith dot calm

OMGoodness that is over the top,well made to stand the old test of time.I wish there was a reality show that would show projects that is outstanding made by hobby type people.This mega box would be the first episode.Nicely done

Back