The homemade MEGA Machinist chest! With pictures!!

amazing work, very impressive. congrats on a job well done.

as a woodworker I have to tell what an absolutely incredible build that is. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful 8520 by the way! I'm driving out to pick up the same machine for myself later this morning. Beyond excited

I got it into position a started loading it up. There is a bunch more to put in there but this is the start:
I gotta say, those tap handles belong toward the front of your drawer, you'll be grabbing one of them more than anything else, so why pull out the whole drawer.. Still loving the cabinet.

As a woodworker myself I can appreciate the skill, time, and effort that you put into this project.
Most impressive heirloom. Now you can get the dividers and tools in and start competing with H.O. Studley!

as a woodworker I have to tell what an absolutely incredible build that is. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful 8520 by the way! I'm driving out to pick up the same machine for myself later this morning. Beyond excited
You'll love your 8520. It's a great little mill for the size.

Thanks again for all the nice comments folks. It was a long build and a challenge to make it right. As for the wife stealing it, LOL she's to short to see in the top drawers (hiding spot!) and it's to heavy for her. THIS IS ALSO BY DESIGN! :grin:

Beautiful work! Someday, I'd love to make a toolchest like that. Got to get the shed/workshop up to snuff first, though. Thank you for sharing!

Very, very nice Finster. A wood tool storage chest is on my to-do list also.

Back