The Infamous what Mill should I get

Stretch the budget just a little more and get a 940V.
its a full grand more, and at that point what does the 940V have over a 833V at the same price it offers more weight (also making it more difficult to get into the basement) a slightly wider bed and 1 inch more y travel.

I certainly get the idea that for a bit more you can get nicer or bigger but if i came in saying I was considering a 833 or a 940, then I would also be like why not another grand to got to a knee mill and get the nod. if there is a super hard argument for it yeah I think sure there may be some further consideration I can give.

its a full grand more, and at that point what does the 940V have over a 833V at the same price it offers more weight (also making it more difficult to get into the basement) a slightly wider bed and 1 inch more y travel.

I certainly get the idea that for a bit more you can get nicer or bigger but if i came in saying I was considering a 833 or a 940, then I would also be like why not another grand to got to a knee mill and get the nod. if there is a super hard argument for it yeah I think sure there may be some further consideration I can give.
My advice was given assuming the PM-932V was not available. Didn't see it on the PM web site. Carry on!

What are the specs on the PM932V motor? HP?

What are the specs on the PM932V motor? HP?
oh shoot i thought i had written that down or it was in the email they sent me I have to call them again. I want to say it was a 2hp? it was wired for 220v outlet and was a 3 phase motor.

Edit: chatted with the rep on the phone apparently its a "new model" of machine, and not related to the old one? Im guessing its more of a case that it was a low demand item and then demand picked back up for that sort of machine for CNC conversions so they worked to get it produced again. May be different motor and or VFD than the original one from the few post i seen from like 2013-2014 time frame.

I'll post up full specs once i get them from PM.

Last edited:
So got some more info from PM today

Apparently the pm-932V is going up on the website real soon, only exist as the "basic" model so no powerfeeds or variations.

1.5HP 3 phase using
VFD to get variable speed.
Belt fed with two ranges. (and shoot I forgot to ask about the RPM)

confirmed same castings as the rest of the 932 family just a bit different head lacking the gears.

(honestly looks a lot like the same as the older pm932V's that were posted before back in like 2014 ish.)

Price jumped up 200 bucks on it since February from 2599 to 2799 oh the joys of waiting to get specs, when the person I talked to today was able to just rattle them off.

Anyhow have more decisions to weigh now.

I'm picking one one of these up this Friday! speeds are 50-3200 RPM

PM-932V-BASIC Milling Machine, Variable Speed, Complete With:

1. DRO for Quill (Spindle) Travel
2. 3 Year Warranty
3. 220V Single Phase Power Input
(Machine is WITHOUT X Power Feed, or Head Lift Motor)
4. Variable Speeds from 50-3200 RPM

I'm picking one one of these up this Friday! speeds are 50-3200 RPM

PM-932V-BASIC Milling Machine, Variable Speed, Complete With:

1. DRO for Quill (Spindle) Travel
2. 3 Year Warranty
3. 220V Single Phase Power Input
(Machine is WITHOUT X Power Feed, or Head Lift Motor)
4. Variable Speeds from 50-3200 RPM

Cool! and thanks for sharing the info.

I find it a little surprising how hard it is to come up with info on a machine they physically have, I have been struggling for a few weeks now to just get basically the basic specs around this machine. I got friendly people whenever I called them but its certainly feels a bit odd.

Did you go look at it in person? or do you know if it has a RPM readout/tachometer? I think that was my last open question I had for them

I have not seen it in person. I'll do my best to answer any questions tomorrow after it is in my garage and out of the crate.

I bought a 932 last spring and have been using it for almost a year. Great machine! I ordered it with the DRO, x power feed and head power feed installed. It was a royal bit** getting it into my shop. Hired a moving guy, best $400 I spent(he moved a 1127 lathe too). The mill came with oil already filled and cosmoline on all the machined surfaces. Took a while to clean up. As for tramming, it did have a nod of about .002 over 4 inches. It took a good amount of time using a bottle jack and shim stock to get the nod taken out. But all things considered I have been very happy with it. Be happy to answer any questions you might have.

mill.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a 932 last spring and have been using it for almost a year. Great machine! I ordered it with the DRO, x power feed and head power feed installed. It was a royal bit** getting it into my shop. Hired a moving guy, best $400 I spent(he moved a 1127 lathe too). The mill came with oil already filled and cosmoline on all the machined surfaces. Took a while to clean up. As for tramming, it did have a nod of about .002 over 4 inches. It took a good amount of time using a bottle jack and shim stock to get the nod taken out. But all things considered I have been very happy with it. Be happy to answer any questions you might have.

View attachment 361350
You ever use any dovetail cutters eith your mill???

Back