The Retractor, Part II

How much is it worth?

• Total voters
It could be me, but the link to the original build on the first item in this thread does not seem to work. Now that this has become a 'product' that could be by design ... to protect trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, but I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks, someone else mentioned it but I forgot to fix it. Nothing intentional, I just screwed up shortening the link.

The second batch is nearly complete, the BXAs requested by @poorboy & @Just for fun will be finished tomorrow. The other two await their mounting fate. If no one here speaks up, they may go up on eBay. The time study is a little depressing. I was hoping to bring these in at 4 hrs. each, but, as is my habit, I was overly optimistic. It's going to be more like 6 hrs by the time I'm done with the dovetails. Looking at the possibility of converting ready-made tool holders, which are cheaper than the raw material for the main body.

Received my retracter today! Thanks Craig.

Just for kicks and grins, I hacked to together a trip lever and gave it a try on some unknown stock of some sort. I didn't have adjusted just right... but close. Just a tad close. But it worked flawlessly. :)

20220804_185401_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20220804_185419_copy_1134x2016.jpg

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. Slow to start with on the first couple passes, then I sped it up a bit with no problem. When I first set it up I was sure it was going to kick out a little sooner but as you can see it was close. After the first pass I could see that It kicked out without a problem so I just left it there and marched on.

I also received mine - thank you Craig.

That is a pretty nerfty design! I don't think I read far enough previously to see that they had an auto-trip mechanism.

GsT

Back