The Rotary Table I've Been Waiting For

That's terrible, and one of the many reasons I dislike "offshore" machinery and tooling. The 40+ year old Index brand rotary table I purchased a few years ago was in better shape after spending a lifetime in service.

That's terrible, and one of the many reasons I dislike "offshore" machinery and tooling. The 40+ year old Index brand rotary table I purchased a few years ago was in better shape after spending a lifetime in service.
I think I will have to machine it myself to bring it somehow to specs I can live with. But it’s adding to the long todo projects o_O

I have heard many Things about Vevor, few of them good. I have a Vertex rotary table with no complaints.

I have heard many Things about Vevor, few of them good. I have a Vertex rotary table with no complaints.
Well something is better than nothing. At least I can try to salvage it or use it in limited capacity. That’s why I got the dividing head also. It’s decor too so I am afraid of opening it up. But fingers crossed. Now all is made in china and my budget is not big.

I think I will have to machine it myself to bring it somehow to specs I can live with. But it’s adding to the long todo projects o_O
I like to watch "Inheritance Machining" on Youtube, he does very good videos; and one of the things he does a good job covering is side projects. Most of the machining channels make it look easy by not showing and/or covering little back ground stuff leaving you to wonder how they do that so fast, the answer is, they do not. Side Projects.... they are a thing and they eat up time...

I like to watch "Inheritance Machining" on Youtube, he does very good videos; and one of the things he does a good job covering is side projects. Most of the machining channels make it look easy by not showing and/or covering little back ground stuff leaving you to wonder how they do that so fast, the answer is, they do not. Side Projects.... they are a thing and they eat up time...
Going to his channel now

Well something is better than nothing. At least I can try to salvage it or use it in limited capacity. That’s why I got the dividing head also. It’s decor too so I am afraid of opening it up. But fingers crossed. Now all is made in china and my budget is not big.
That wasn't intended as a slam. I have, in the past, bought stuff with dubious linage and then "FIXED" it, it goes with the territory of inexpensive Chinezium......

That wasn't intended as a slam. I have, in the past, bought stuff with dubious linage and then "FIXED" it, it goes with the territory of inexpensive Chinezium......
No don’t worry , i was expecting to have issues. Just it sucks. But will FIX it. I found a video on how someone I forgot the name German guy fixed a vertex for accuracy will try to see if I can somehow miraculously can approximately do it :eek:

No don’t worry , i was expecting to have issues. Just it sucks. But will FIX it. I found a video on how someone I forgot the name German guy fixed a vertex for accuracy will try to see if I can somehow miraculously can approximately do it :eek:
It truly is a hobby if you are buying equipment so you'll have something to work on.....

Back