The Rotary Table I've Been Waiting For

know the preload
On something like this I just snug & turn until I feel a slight drag. By then I figure I've taken all the slack out. Not like it is under a lot of load or is going to run hot. Others may chime in with an Ideal solution.

On something like this I just snug & turn until I feel a slight drag. By then I figure I've taken all the slack out. Not like it is under a lot of load or is going to run hot. Others may chime in with an Ideal solution.
Trying it now

Same here.

I tried to have the least backslash but it looks like it get harder to turn on a spot maybe 12 degrees of rotation. I guess mine was a reject. Also the marking on on off is wrongly etched. The word screw holding plate for the off center thing does not have a way to register it. The screws where lose and I though it was poor assembly but if you tighten them up it locks and cannot turn on off. So to have the rotary table move free I have to live with a lot of backslash. I thought the humming was from the bearing in the back but it was not that one. But I found out there were burring on the locking hole on the lug nut. And it was pressing against the breading filed it flat but do not fix it. Also the locking lug nut that has the cut into it is not working as the thread on it seems to be damaged. One of the internal Roth happens to be on a casting defect too but it looks small at least on my eye. I found a video of a vertex rotary table assembly disassembly and mine has a lot of simplifications into it. From one grove for the oiling of the plate to no spiral grove on the worm gear axel. Has anyone experienced this with vevor 8” rotary table? Or any other Chinese copies?

IMG_4795.jpegIMG_4836.jpegThis is the small chunk in the beginning I stopped taking photos afterward as it was a lot more.IMG_4833.jpegIMG_4795.jpegIMG_4836.jpegIMG_4833.jpeg

Back