The stupidity of todays society.

I take any website, from Wikipedia, Snopes to Quote Investigator, only as another 'interesting input'... Heck, I listen to people with other religious beliefs and political leanings from mine. I don't usually oppose or debate. In a discussion like that (argument) I learn nothing at all. But when I listen, I sometimes I find I learn something new, sometimes I hear weaknesses in the opposing view, and other times it gives me brand new ideas I never thought of before, and neither has the other guy! (Yes sometimes I hear something that gets me to second guess something I hold as true as well).

-- I have read Einstein's written works from the time I was a kid, particularly his great book on philosophy. The quote just didn't ring true, even though I've read several external sources that profess it is. I'm not here to tell anyone they are wrong. Just 'interesting input'...

[update] I just looked up all the books by Einstein - and I found a bunch I haven't read yet: library trip!
"interesting input"........that's a good way of looking at it.
I usually say "I'll take it with a grain of salt". I don't think I could change.....might give it a try.

My favorite quote: "I have thoughts I ain't even thunk yet"

Pssht! And now pilots think they NEED the GPS system, when they used to just LOOK out their WINDOW with their EYES and gauge speed by holding up their FINGER and find home with a COMPASS and STOPWATCH! This world's gone insane, my man, and there's no going back!

Our litigious society has forced us into disclaimers to protect the idiots: why else have warnings and instant blade brakes on lawnmowers so you don’t get your fingers cut off by sticking your hand where it doesn’t belong?
If anything......that warning label on mattresses should be rewritten:

"REMOVING YOURSELF FROM BED CAN CAUSE PAIN, SUFFERING, MISERY AND SUDDEN DEATH"

Also:

"excessive use of this bed can cause blood clots, insomnia, lethargy and death"...

According to Quote investigator and Snopes, it is unlikley that Einstein said this. Very early in his career he spent considerable time proving the universe was finite.
The thing that separates Quantum Physics and relativity is infinity....

"interesting input"........that's a good way of looking at it.
I usually say "I'll take it with a grain of salt". I don't think I could change.....might give it a try.

My favorite quote: "I have thoughts I ain't even thunk yet"
If ignorance is bliss, why isn't the world happier? --Samuel Langhorne Clemens--

Back