The stupidity of todays society.

I’m just glad my Mother taught me to always read the sign first.
My parents knew where I stood on the bell curve I reckon.

The thing to remember about lawers is they are used by both sides in any litigation.
The lawers on one side always loose.

Our litigious society has forced us into disclaimers to protect the idiots: why else have warnings and instant blade brakes on lawnmowers so you don’t get your fingers cut off by sticking your hand where it doesn’t belong?

A fellow I know proudly announced to me that his daughter had passed the bar and was now licensed to practice law. I asked him how she put on her makeup now that there would be no reflection in the mirror.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
According to Quote investigator and Snopes, it is unlikley that Einstein said this. Very early in his career he spent considerable time proving the universe was finite.

According to Quote investigator and Snopes, it is unlikley that Einstein said this. Very early in his career he spent considerable time proving the universe was finite.
I never heard of "Quote investigator" so I looked it up. It seems to be okay. Snopes stated that Edward O'hare of WWII fame shot down zeros that were going after the Lexington. According to U.S. Navy records, the planes were bettys. And that was just one mistake out of others. After that, I considered Snopes unreliable. As for Einstein's, maybe he did not say it. But still, it is a wonderful quote.

Back