The stupidity of todays society.

Idk if this is relevant, but
According to Quote investigator and Snopes
I have a significant number of neighbors, coworkers, and acquaintances that would roll their eyes knowingly to each other and write off anything you said afterwards.
Not me, mind you.
The internet, with help from humans, has destroyed our ability to credibly discern truth from lie. It’s really pretty interesting. Of course, I’m just a guy who always reads the sign.
Funniest sign I ever saw was on the door of a latrine in Afghanistan…Lost M16. If found contact such and such Battalion HQ. I bet the poor fellow who caused that sign to be made is still trying to make up for it.

I'm going to give an unpopular reply.
The rate at which mind altering chemicals kill you is really just a moving needle.
Whether alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or huffing chemicals, those things you do to your brain for pleasure are going to be dangerous and shorten ones life.
Yes, propane is dangerous but mostly because it's hard to regulate the amount of "poisonous" stuff in one sitting. At least nicotine, caffeine, and a lot of other pleasure chemicals have built in regulators on their chemicals.

Still, one is no different than the other and it's an unfortunate fact that a significant number of humans, as a data set, will always find a way to make themselves stupider if given the opportunity.

I'm going to give an unpopular reply.
The rate at which mind altering chemicals kill you is really just a moving needle.
Whether alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or huffing chemicals, those things you do to your brain for pleasure are going to be dangerous and shorten ones life.
Yes, propane is dangerous but mostly because it's hard to regulate the amount of "poisonous" stuff in one sitting. At least nicotine, caffeine, and a lot of other pleasure chemicals have built in regulators on their chemicals.

Still, one is no different than the other and it's an unfortunate fact that a significant number of humans, as a data set, will always find a way to make themselves stupider if given the opportunity.
And you live in a perfect example of your observation. They will try to drag you down with them. Resist!!!!

I still like the chapter in the old 45 Harley manual.
How to fall from the Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
Two pictures, first one had the guy laying on the ground with the bike also laying on the ground labelled "Right".
The second one had the guy laying on the ground with the bike laying across him labelled "Wrong".

I love California’s Prop 65 labels on everything. Almost seems like everything but what can cause cancer has the label!

I take any website, from Wikipedia, Snopes to Quote Investigator, only as another 'interesting input'... Heck, I listen to people with other religious beliefs and political leanings from mine. I don't usually oppose or debate. In a discussion like that (argument) I learn nothing at all. But when I listen, I sometimes I find I learn something new, sometimes I hear weaknesses in the opposing view, and other times it gives me brand new ideas I never thought of before, and neither has the other guy! (Yes sometimes I hear something that gets me to second guess something I hold as true as well).

-- I have read Einstein's written works from the time I was a kid, particularly his great book on philosophy. The quote just didn't ring true, even though I've read several external sources that profess it is. I'm not here to tell anyone they are wrong. Just 'interesting input'...

[update] I just looked up all the books by Einstein - and I found a bunch I haven't read yet: library trip!

The 1950 owner's manual for a car instructed the owner how to adjust the ignition point gap in the distributor housing to tune the ignition. The current owner's manual for that car instructs the owner not to drink the battery acid.
In the 60's...acid was very popular.....

So much for things that are "popular".
If something or someone is popular....I usually stay away from it....usually.
Needless to say...I don't make friends on a yearly basis : )

As far as ignition points go...."THEY" convinced almost everyone that the electronic ignition was a great improvement....you no longer needed to clean and gap the points or replace them. This was the first step to get people use to the idea of electronics in your car.
Next was....you need a computer to "CONTROL" your engine. Some cars nowadays have over 500 sensors connected to several computers.
We are told how much better the cars run and perform...and we only have to pay about $30k more for this great technology.

The REAL reason "THEY" did this was to "CONTROL"....."YOU".
They no longer wanted guys and gals to be able to work on their own cars.
Why...............because your everyday backyard mechanics and gear heads were starting to stumble across some things...that just didn't add up.
Some things that you could do to get way better gas mileage and performance.
If you don't want to believe it....that's ok......but it's out there....a little hard to find....but it is true and documented.

With the computer and sensors now controlling how your car runs.....AND HOW MUCH GAS YOU WILL USE......it is near impossible to alter the engine's performance...........in a way that could be done on an engine with the old points and condenser....and with being able to mechanically adjust the timing (I'm not talking about just 15 or 20 degrees fore or aft).
(think: "spark gap, coil, capacitor or leyden jar....and Nikola Tesla)

So........now people believe that you must have a computer or 3 in your car to drive...........
and that you cannot LIVE without a computer in your hand almost every waking minute of the day......and at your bedside.

And now...........people are warming up to the idea of having SENSORS.............INSTALLED in their body.....to help them run better and
"CONTROL" their functions.

I really wish I was making all of this *$#^&*(((()(%#@ up.
It's right there for everyone to see.......................most people just choose not to.
Whatever they are told...most people just go along with it....because "it's popular" and "hey.....everyone's doin it".

Choose wisely : )
(as he steps down from his soap box...........oh look...a dime)

Back