The Voron kit build thread

Ken226

Registered
Registered
I thought I'd start a thread for those of us building Voron printers.

I just ordered my kit this morning. On a whim, I decided to spring for the black and red CNC machined aluminum parts kit to go with it. Hopefully it adds some rigidity and quality to the build.

I downloaded a 3d CAD assembly model from vorondesign.com, so during the project I can see how everything goes together, to aid the info from the manual. Plus, I can easily export and print any parts not included in the kits I ordered, direct from the CAD model.

Last edited:
This is awesome @Ken226!
I have not ordered mine yet but I am hoping to in the next couple of weeks. I am keeping projects like this out of the family budget, so my part-time job has to finance this stuff. But, that gives me time to research and make informed decisions. I also have the Orange Pi in my hands so moving forward on understanding that end of it will benefit the final result.

I keep planning on a voron build and every time I get close a new machine comes up for sale...

I have a 3d printer so it's hard to say yeah I'll take a new voron over a chipmaster lathe. I look forward to seeing the builds

I got my first Voron parts printing on the Flashforge now.

I'm gonna try to have the printed parts done by the time I get my kit. I think the lead time is a couple weeks from Voronkits com

Anyone seen the X and Y motor/belt configuration on these yet....

A very interesting design. Definitely not the usual one motor per axis design.

Both motors rotate opposite directions simultaneously, same speed, to move Y positive and negative.

Both motors rotate the same direction, same speed, simultenously moves the X positive and negative.

Differences in motor direction and and speed move both X and Y simultenously.

With one motor stopped and the other turning, the carriage would move 45° diagonally. It's a very interesting design.

So, that's what the "CoreXY" means, in the description.

Attachments

• kinematic-3dprinter.ua_.png
    kinematic-3dprinter.ua_.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 96
Your linky is no worky Ken, but yeah, the CoreXY is a rather interesting design.

I downloaded all of the .stl files for it here. the zip file contains skipper and octopus firmware, manuals, CAD models, all of the .stl files. Pretty much everythign.:

There are alot of them, and the descriptions aren't that great. Its a 250+ megabyte download.

I you download the CAD assembly model, they have a .f3d model if you use Fusion, and a .step version if you use something else.

One issue I found with the CAD model, is that they have all of the "variant parts" from the 250, 300 and 350mm versions assembled together in once cad file. So lots of the skirts, etc are multiple parts superimposed over one another and really hard to decipher which goes to which version. It would be a pain in the butt to clean up that model.

Luckily, the .stl zip package from the link above does have them separated into folders for each size printer.

Last edited:
Back