The Voron kit build thread

I got the wire harness from Amazon yesterday. The quality appears surprisingly good, and the wires are definitely all PTFE.

They are all black, but labeled. I went through the 14 pin connecter with my multimeter and it seems to be pinned correctly for my HartK PCB.

The only issue I found was that the 5v supply wire is labeled CT. I have no idea what CT means. Previously I had 5v tapped from the RGB led output. This time I may change a jumper setting and use a fan header, just so I don't have to depin any of the connectors.

Last edited:
I got the wire harness from Amazon yesterday. The quality appears surprisingly good, and the wires are definitely all PTFE.

They are all black, but labeled. I went through the 14 pin connecter with my multimeter and it seems to be pinned correctly for my HartK PCB.

The only issue I found was that the 5v supply wire is labeled CT. I have no idea what CT means. Previously I hady 5v tapped from the RGB led output.

CT might be chamber thermistor. Sounds like a good harness.

Almost a Voron?

1700288424737.png

Nope. Not even close!................................Yet. :cool:

But, i've seen what you can do, so I bet it'll look like a Voron soon.

I got my new wiring harness installed. It seems to have worked perfectly on the first try (knock on wood). Pretty much plug and play with the Octopus board and HartK pcb.

Now i've got the hankerin for the two piece PCB, so i don't have to mess with plugs anymore when I swap stealthburner face colors. The 2 piece PCB only fits the Stealthburner CW2, not the CW1. I ordered the parts today to swap to the CW2. Time to print some parts.

Nope. Not even close!................................Yet. :cool:

But, i've seen what you can do, so I bet it'll look like a Voron soon.

I got my new wiring harness installed. It seems to have worked perfectly on the first try (knock on wood). Pretty much plug and play with the Octopus board and HartK pcb.

Now i've got the hankerin for the two piece PCB, so i don't have to mess with plugs anymore when I swap stealthburner face colors. The 2 piece PCB only fits the Stealthburner CW2, not the CW1. I ordered the parts today to swap to the CW2. Time to print some parts.

Glad that worked out. I have the 2 piece board, works well.

Some progress. It'll never quite be a Voron, but it should be the best Prusa it can be. Power supply, electronics enclosure and X axis are installed, though this photo is not quite up to date. Tonite the MK4 is printing the X carriage for the Hemera which will require some mods to fit the Hemera Revo XS.

I see the Galileo 2 is out. Might be a great extruder. Large diameter filament drive, planetary gearing.

1700468643232.png

Glad that worked out. I have the 2 piece board, works well.

Some progress. It'll never quite be a Voron, but it should be the best Prusa it can be. Power supply, electronics enclosure and X axis are installed, though this photo is not quite up to date. Tonite the MK4 is printing the X carriage for the Hemera which will require some mods to fit the Hemera Revo XS.

I see the Galileo 2 is out. Might be a great extruder. Large diameter filament drive, planetary gearing.

View attachment 467406

That's coming along great Alan. Looks good.

BTW, guys. Keep a backup copy of your printer.cfg file!

I had a power outage last night mid print, when some drunk hit a power pole a couple miles away. This morning when I fired up the printer, i had the error: must specify "serial" in section "mcu". So, I opened my printer.cfg file to see what was up and it looked like this:

1700487450391.png

:oops:, completely and utterly blank. Luckily, i keep a backup copy. After replacing the blank version with the backup copy, it started right up.

It would have sucked pretty bad had I not had a backup copy. My Printer.cfg, as well as my macro and LED config files, are the culmination of a year of trial, error, internet searching and macro experimentation. It would take forever to re-research, re-learn and recreate everything that went into those files.

Last edited:
That's coming along great Alan. Looks good.

BTW, guys. Keep a backup copy of your printer.cfg file!

I had a power outage last night mid print, when some drunk hit a power pole a couple miles away. This morning when I fired up the printer, i had the error: must specify "serial" in section "mcu". So, I opened my printer.cfg file to see what was up and it looked like this:

View attachment 467422

:oops:, completely and utterly blank. Luckily, i keep a backup copy. After replacing the blank version with the backup copy, it started right up.

It would have sucked pretty bad had I not had a backup copy. My Printer.cfg, as well as my macro and LED config files, are the culmination of a year of trial, error, internet searching and macro experimentation. It would take forever to re-research, re-learn and recreate everything that went into those files.

Nice save Ken. Keeping backups is so important, and easy to do with Klipper. I do it when making changes to the config files, downloading a zip of the configs is convenient.

I also set the router to issue fixed IP addresses so the printers don't float around when they reboot.

I did similar, but a slightly different route. I set my Raspberry Pi to a static IP.

That is a solution that we have used, but I don't generally do that anymore. It's generally easier to manage all the different machines from the network itself than by fiddling with each host. I have a lot of machines and several networks. Fixed IPs are especially problematic for machines that move around like laptops. Setting the DHCP server to issue a fixed IP for a particular MAC address solves a few problems. For example reinstalling the OS on a machine doesn't lose the IP number setup. All the assignments are managed from one point instead of being spread across all the different machines. If you have very few assignments it doesn't matter, but with a fleet of Pi's and other fixed address servers it can be easier to do from the network side. But whatever works!

That is a solution that we have used, but I don't generally do that anymore. It's generally easier to manage all the different machines from the network itself than by fiddling with each host. I have a lot of machines and several networks. Fixed IPs are especially problematic for machines that move around like laptops. Setting the DHCP server to issue a fixed IP for a particular MAC address solves a few problems. For example reinstalling the OS on a machine doesn't lose the IP number setup. All the assignments are managed from one point instead of being spread across all the different machines. If you have very few assignments it doesn't matter, but with a fleet of Pi's and other fixed address servers it can be easier to do from the network side. But whatever works!

I didn't know you could do it in Router. I'll go into the settings and see if i can figure it out.

Back