This place is amazing!

(rant: ON)
I am the grumpy old curmudgeon here who tries to offer options for NOT spending all our money on shiny new trinkets, when appropriate.
You should know that I loved your "rant". Like you, I live without owing anybody a darn thing!

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"..... wait a minute, yes we are ;)
You got that right. Of course we are!
There is some fine sense in human interaction that, over a reasonable interval, allows us to sense when others in a shared community space are the real deal. This seems so, even when we only have their written words to go by.

Hmm.. Have I noticed that HM has been gaining members fairly consistently recently?

I'm sure glad I wandered in here!!
Easy to get lost though:)

Thanks for this. Earlier today I was trying to find out how many members we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. Earlier today I was trying to find out how many members we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the main forum index under forum statistics shows that info. If viewing on a mobile device you may have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see that info. It may not appear if using Tapatalk.

I'm in full agreement with David. I've recently suggested to some newbies on that other site that they would be better received (and treated) over here.

Regarding Bob's post, I learned similar lessons from my father, but not by example. He was a grasshopper who lived by the adage "If you can't be a good example, settle for being a dire warning." He once told me "If you can buy something on credit, do. It's almost like getting it free." He died with $700 dollars in his pocket and 7 grandchildren. If I can't pay cash for it, I don't need it.

Back