Time is running out (California folk)

Nesse1

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Starting 2024, California has outlawed the sale of gasoline powered lawn/power equipment. So, being the non conformance that I am, I just ordered a Kawasaki engine Toro Commercial mower, and a Yamaha gas generator. Finding a place to sell these to me was quite a challenge. Most of the various commercial grade mowers can't be sold online, and there are no stores in my area that have any remaining inventory. Fortunately, Acme, sells online, so I bought both of these machines from them.

I really wanted a Honda commercial mower, but they are no longer available...pretty much anywhere. I did find a guy on Facebook Marketplace with one (new), but he wants $800 over MSRP for it. Honda generators, the smaller ones anyway, can't be sold in California. Anyway, it's been a real challenge finding anything before the end of the year. I hope my orders don't get canceled...

And before anyone asks, I don't "need" a commercial mower, but I WANT one...for durability purposes.

We have friends in Nevada whose parents live here, so forbidden fruit is pretty easily obtainable; one example was a 2 HP pool filter pump motor we needed to replace, such motors over 1.5 HP can't be sold in Ca. for some obscure reason, we could order it online from Grainger and have it delivered in another state, 'tho.

NJ is not far behind, the state has banned gas .. I don't know when it's supposed to happen. My son bought an electric mower... it can't get the job done if he lets it grow more than a week. I tried cutting his grass and it got 1/4 of it done.

I'm going to keep my gas tractor. Although I bought a ryobi weed whacker and blower (battery).. Both are much nicer than my gas. I bought the blower to clear out the Sh*t in the garage, but have found it nice and quiet. More powerful than my back pack blower. I needed the weed whacker to use a click it extender POLE saw. mine would not run inverted. I'm quite happy with it. They are fine for what they do, but you need gas for mowers on large properties. Battery will not do.

Last edited:
Back