Time is running out (California folk)

I don’t live in California. But I know several people who’ve had nothing but compliments for electric chainsaws, weed eaters, and blowers.
I’m all set to buy them for myself as soon as I run out of mix.

I don't miss my gas engine powered mower at all. I hated starting that thing and breathing the fumes. I like my electric mower. It always starts, and there are no fumes. It's not wet like in East Texas, so the grass doesn't grow too thick. Recently, I have been experimenting with a low carbon impact alternative to an electric mower. Not a hand push mower; those things are hard work. It's a chicken tractor. It takes the mower about 3 hours to mow the lawn, which is about enough to read a few magazines. The chickens are tired and grateful afterwards, and they eat a lot of the bugs.

Perhaps it is OK to have an LP powered Generator. I have a dual fuel generator but so far have only run it on LP.
"The new regulation does not apply to diesel or propane generators, "

But there are unplanned consequences, there always are...

So you have your homeowner rider for your 1 acre place.

It is older, smokes a little, but gets the job done.

Christmas is comming, the old one smokes and should be replaced with new one, nope, cannot buy one.

Yes, there are a couple electrics, rated for maybe 1 acre.

Price is more than expected, quality questionable.

Result, continue using the old dirty one...

Many folks will continue to use the dirtier machines as electric is not an option.

Our Scag is 20 to 40 years old, we changed rings 3 years ago, did not smoke but did not smell so great, but it does the job and is commercial.

Holding until next year, likely better market then, Diesel Walker is $29,000.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I don’t live in California. But I know several people who’ve had nothing but compliments for electric chainsaws, weed eaters, and blowers.
I’m all set to buy them for myself as soon as I run out of mix.
Many of the tree guys around here started using the battery saws about 2 years ago.
Quieter, safer (you don't have to keep it running). They still keep gas for BIG trunks and stuff, but for limbing up high, they are using electric mostly.

We have a small Stahl electric chain saw and it works great. We also have a couple gas ones that very seldom get used anymore. They haven't come up with a HD string trimmer to replace our big gas machine yet, but I think they are getting close. We have a lot of land that we use a string trimmer on.

I'm pretty happy with my battery trimmer, chainsaw, and blower...

But I looked at the battery zero-turn mowers last year... I'm guessing it would take 4-5 days to mow my yard with one...

That's not going to work for me...

-Bear

I'm pretty happy with my battery trimmer, chainsaw, and blower...

But I looked at the battery zero-turn mowers last year... I'm guessing it would take 4-5 days to mow my yard with one...

That's not going to work for me...

-Bear
Sounds great
The downside is if have power failure. Now what do you do?
Battery will only last so long.

The good news for me is I own a small generator.

Dave

Back