Today's Jokes - 2024

Now, grind my own beans (Petes) and french press. Not a snob, just like what I like....

John

I assume you posted that her because it's a joke

The coffee snobs are the guys who buy their beans green so they can be fresh roasted at home, spend upwards of $5000 on their grinder alone and only order filter coffee when they go out because "it is harder to screw up then espresso"

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Coffee snobs are just like any other fanatic that is really into the details of betterment to their hobby, and often give unasked for advice or enlightenment to all. They try to convert you to the "proper" appreciation of the subject. I get it, they can discern the subtle differences between brews, or think they can, and I can appreciate and respect that.

It is almost like a religion and they want to convert you to their way of thinking and may talk endlessly about it. I found the best way to stop that advancement with the coffee enthusiast is that early in the conversation just utter this : "I don't know much about that, but i do like my Folgers hot and black." They immediately see me for the idiot I am and move on to another topic, or person. Either way, problem solved.

Coffee snobs are just like any other fanatic that is really into the details of betterment to their hobby, and often give unasked for advice or enlightenment to all. They try to convert you to the "proper" appreciation of the subject. I get it, they can discern the subtle differences between brews, or think they can, and I can appreciate and respect that.

It is almost like a religion and they want to convert you to their way of thinking and may talk endlessly about it. I found the best way to stop that advancement with the coffee enthusiast is that early in the conversation just utter this : "I don't know much about that, but i do like my Folgers hot and black." They immediately see me for the idiot I am and move on to another topic, or person. Either way, problem solved.
My British wife is a tea snob. To properly brew tea, the tea is placed in a pre-warmed pot and water at a full boil is poured after. Never the other way around. If the tea bag is added after the water, she will reject it. The brew is steeped for six minutes, then poured, never stirred. The preferred tea is P G Tips. She will drink English Breakfast tea only under duress. Never, ever Earl Grey.

At times, just to mess with her, I have made it water, then tea and stir for a minute and serve. She doesn't notice any difference.

My British wife is a tea snob. To properly brew tea, the tea is placed in a pre-warmed pot and water at a full boil is poured after. Never the other way around. If the tea bag is added after the water, she will reject it. The brew is steeped for six minutes, then poured, never stirred. The preferred tea is P G Tips. She will drink English Breakfast tea only under duress. Never, ever Earl Grey.

At times, just to mess with her, I have made it water, then tea and stir for a minute and serve. She doesn't notice any difference.
You didn't mention the proper position of pinky when sipping! :grin:

Back