Today's Jokes - 2024

Are you referring to the "tall skinny latte, double shot of espresso, single shot of mint , double shot of caramel with double chocolate sprinkles on top and a triple chocolate, blueberry and raspberry muffin to go" brigade per chance??

Sheesh, a simple large white filter coffee and chocolate muffin would suffice for goodness sakes!!
In the early 90's working field service in the Chicago loop (I know...poor me)...I'd sometimes cut through the Illinois Center building on Michigan ave. This was shortly after they opened a Star_ucks in the plaza.
I'd walk by.....a line of 15 to 20 men and women waiting patiently to get their FrapyCrapyMoco whatever.....GRANDE!!!
I'd say "Hey......it's only beans and hot water".
They didn't like that much.......if looks could kill.
But it made my day : )

If you're going to put anything in my coffee.....whiskey please.

Now to upset all you coffee drinkers.
My morning cup is 4 shots (at the strongest my machine will make) of espresso with a tablespoon of salted butter, fresh cream and a splash of hot milk, yum! (no sugar)
If I sling any alcohol in it then it has to be Brandy.
Never found a decent coffee when we were in America it was always as weak as dirty dishwater.:surrender:

Never found a decent coffee when we were in America it was always as weak as dirty dishwater.:surrender:
Admittedly hard to find a good cuppa joe in these parts. Luckily, there's a coffee house that is just a 10 minute walk away, that roasts their own beans in an old fashioned Turkish roaster, and makes some decent coffee. I buy my beans there and grind them as needed at home, but sometimes it is really nice to sit down in a real coffee house and enjoy a decent cup of coffee, or just a double shot of espresso. There just aren't that many places like that any more. Fortunate to have one near by me.

Now to upset all you coffee drinkers.
My morning cup is 4 shots (at the strongest my machine will make) of espresso with a tablespoon of salted butter, fresh cream and a splash of hot milk, yum! (no sugar)
If I sling any alcohol in it then it has to be Brandy.
You must have missed Louisiana.

Just for grins I went into a Starbucks. First and only time. I don't do foo-foo in my drinks of any sort. So, ordered a large black coffee. You would have thought I'd jumped up on the counter and mooned the help.
That coffee tasted like sh-t. I've had better at the end of the day in the mess hall, half cold, drank out of one of those green plastic canteens.

Just for grins I went into a Starbucks. First and only time. I don't do foo-foo in my drinks of any sort. So, ordered a large black coffee. You would have thought I'd jumped up on the counter and mooned the help.
That coffee tasted like sh-t. I've had better at the end of the day in the mess hall, half cold, drank out of one of those green plastic canteens.
That's my opinion too. Terrible coffee, to me it tastes burnt.

That's my opinion too. Terrible coffee, to me it tastes burnt.
I'm a french roast drinker, and I travel quite a bit. I finally found out how to get a decent cup of dark roast at SBux - order the medium roast.

I've ordered a "medium size Pike Place roast" may times, and never gotten any side eye. It's not great, but better than what the hoptel serves, and better than many "fancy" coffee places outside the PNW.

You're from Oregon - no one can take you seriously in this matter...

GsT

(JK, I'm originally from Oregon...)
LOL, Arizona has the absolute worst selection of food and drink compared to anywhere I've been in the US, except possibly Pittsburgh.

(Also JK, but only a little)

And I know that Dutch Bros has ruined our coffee reputation in the western states. But at least Grants Pass has a billionaire now. Two kids from GP bought an espresso cart, in '92. Today their little company has a market cap of almost 6 billion.

Back