Turret lock fab, Logan. Will this work?

Next pic is sliding bar that is kept from spinning in bore by a slot or flat.

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 4
Next you advance center by turning nut to advance bar with center in it.
I am showing a bolt to advance bar. But you can make a hand wheel with a threaded center in place of a bolt.
No drilling at all on the turret. Slip the stop bar out and you are back to standard operating turret.

Could you just get a #2 or #3 MT to straight shank adapter to mount a live center? I have done this on a W&S #3 in a pinch.

The turret on my Rivett just uses the last screw on the slide to pinch the ways. It works well enough to hold work pieces when turning between centers. This was the first one of these I had used on a machine. Not to say it completely replaces a tailstock, but when it comes to drilling, reaming, etc. it can really speed things up. The 6.5” stroke is also nice. The Rivett has a really wide bed which I think helps with clearance issues with tooling - 12.5” swing and 13” bed width.

IMG_1475.jpg

I would reach out to Scott Logan and ask him. Must have been a way, the bolt at the rear doesn’t lock it?

John
@Investigator have you tried callin or emailing Scott Logan with this question?

Or posting the question in the Logan’s group?

Next you advance center by turning nut to advance bar with center in it.
I am showing a bolt to advance bar. But you can make a hand wheel with a threaded center in place of a bolt.
No drilling at all on the turret. Slip the stop bar out and you are back to standard operating turret.

@Investigator have you tried callin or emailing Scott Logan with this question?

Or posting the question in the Logan’s group?

Jim: I like the idea. I'm thinking I want the ram at full extension to give more room for the saddle to move back and forth. Have you had any issues with being able to work in that envelope?

Wachuko: I posted on the Logan Facebook group, I've 'talked' with Scott Logan on that in the past. However I haven't gotten any answers there either.

Jim: I like the idea. I'm thinking I want the ram at full extension to give more room for the saddle to move back and forth. Have you had any issues with being able to work in that envelope?

Wachuko: I posted on the Logan Facebook group, I've 'talked' with Scott Logan on that in the past. However I haven't gotten any answers there either.
As long as as you make your spacer fit across the ways and use as a regid stop I see no reason stop could not be 1 inch thick and 4 or more inches wide.
The beauty is there is no drilling or tapping on the lathe And you can pull it out of the way If you need to use the other stations on turret.
There are a number of ways to keep the center socket from spinning As you advance it into work. A slot or a flat come to mind.
The 3/4 dia drill socket I show in pics has a key in it And an acme nut and thread to
drive it. Only thing I don’t like is it has a real small Morse taper to hold live center.

I have an extra drill socket shaft like that I will sell for $25 plus shipping.

Back