USA Totality Eclipse 2024

As part of my home automation, I continuously measure and record the light level looking north from my home. Here is a chart of the Eclipse. you can see the effects of the clouds .

2024 Eclipse LUX.png

and for contrast, here is the partial eclipse from November last year with little or no cloud cover.

2023 partial eclipse.png

As part of my home automation, I continuously measure and record the light level looking north from my home. Here is a chart of the Eclipse. you can see the effects of the clouds .

View attachment 486135

and for contrast, here is the partial eclipse from November last year with little or no cloud cover.

View attachment 486137
Man you are very detailed. Can I ask what is the benefit, do you have a garden you collect data for?

Man you are very detailed. Can I ask what is the benefit, do you have a garden you collect data for?
The primary use is for the automation to know when to turn on some lights. For instance Outdoor path lights come on and off an at a certain light level and inside, we have lots of natural lighting via large windows but when it is too dark (as measured by the light sensor) certain indoor lights go to motion detection and come on when a room is occupied.

Back