Variable speed 9" disc grinder build

The last step was getting the magnets pressed into the hub. I used two staggered bolt patterns. Notice the jacks under the hub. On the first hole the hub rang like a bell so I needed to stiffen things up a bit.

With the 12 magnets installed they have a combined force of 96#

6567cf813fef0c86e049574a240fc8ab.jpg
bae2c079f40d353795b526e0b00e565e.jpg

Tomorrow I will post a video of the machine in action.

An absolute display of fine craftsmanship Brian. Great job. Are those pennies between your clamps and the workpiece to prevent them from being marred? A good thing for me to learn and remember.

Looking forward to the video.

An absolute display of fine craftsmanship Brian. Great job. Are those pennies between your clamps and the workpiece to prevent them from being marred? A good thing for me to learn and remember.

Looking forward to the video.
Yes those are penny's. And that is what they are for. I wondered if anyone would notice. Good eye!

Thanks for the compliment! !!

Absolutely a great job! Thanks for taking the time to document and share it.

Brian, that is one fine job. The magnets & quick change plates are a really slick idea! Thanks for posting this build. I can imagine being able to change the grits that fast will make this machine a pleasure to use.
Phil

Hi Brian

I really like your 9" disc grinder build, I only have one question at this time.
Do you have a set of plans for this grinder, I would be interested in purchasing a
set if available.

Thanks

Jim Deprey

Back