WARNING ,,,DEPENDABLETOOLTRADING ON EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy and sell on Ebay. Realistic offers are OK, but if you try and low ball me with an offer, I will block you. And please don’t get fooled with the Ebay hipe of “free shipping”. Somebody is gonna pay for it! It ain’t free! And it will probably be the buyer that pays. And for those of you that are unaware. Ebay fees are ALSO on the shipping costs!!! So, the seller pays total fees for the item sold AND for the shipping cost AND PayPal fees if applicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The end consumer always pays the fees, taxes, regulatory expenses, everything.

I buy and sell on Ebay. Realistic offers are OK, but if you try and low ball me with an offer, I will block you. And please don’t get fooled with the Ebay hipe of “free shipping”. Somebody is gonna pay for it! It ain’t free! And it will probably be the buyer that pays. And for those of you that are unaware. Ebay fees are ALSO on the shipping costs!!! So, the seller pays total fees for the item sold AND for the shipping cost AND PayPal fees if applicable.

So what realistic? and whats a lowball? I have offered, and been accepted less then 1/2 on some items, because I thought it was a fair price.

Why block the buyer? I highly doubt they were doing it to waste your time. Especially items that have a poor description, and/or poor photos, The buyer is taking the risk.

A seller should not expect blue book value for a car that has one pic, and a poor description. Many sellers do that so the buyer cannot come back, and say it is not as advertised, So again, the buyer is the one taking the risk. I won't pay top dollar for something that does not have any guarantee, or return policy.

I always insure my packages now after one buyer said he got the box without the tool in it . I ate $ 250 bucks on the deal .
Not directed at you, just your comment. I swear someone in Denver has one heck of a tool collection. I have received lots of packages that were poorly packaged (especially ones with multiple items), and had lots of stuff missing. Its sad when items can be shipped from China, cheaper, and better packaged the from a state away. I have given up even looking at tools on E-bay, due to the losses, and hassles.

0116131608-00.jpg DSC00406.JPG DSC00409.JPG

So what realistic? and whats a lowball? I have offered, and been accepted less then 1/2 on some items, because I thought it was a fair price.

Why block the buyer? I highly doubt they were doing it to waste your time. Especially items that have a poor description, and/or poor photos, The buyer is taking the risk.

A seller should not expect blue book value for a car that has one pic, and a poor description. Many sellers do that so the buyer cannot come back, and say it is not as advertised, So again, the buyer is the one taking the risk. I won't pay top dollar for something that does not have any guarantee, or return policy.
I have made my comments already about free shipping, blocking, fees… I guess I will add a comment about guarantee and return policy and the buyer pays return shipping you always read. When a seller notes no guarantee and or no returns. That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! A buyer can return any item regardless of seller terms using the Ebay buyer/seller policy that is currently in place and make the seller pay for the return shipping! Any veteran seller on Ebay knows this! What I have just said is of course applying to items even remotely not as described and not because you bought it with buyers remorse. But, buyers do abuse this policy and dream up not as described reasons and the seller is usually screwed because Ebay thinks the buyer is always right.

Not directed at you, just your comment. I swear someone in Denver has one heck of a tool collection. I have received lots of packages that were poorly packaged (especially ones with multiple items), and had lots of stuff missing. Its sad when items can be shipped from China, cheaper, and better packaged the from a state away. I have given up even looking at tools on E-bay, due to the losses, and hassles.

View attachment 242219 View attachment 242220 View attachment 242221

Yep . I had a new Albrect chuck somehow fall out of a completely taped up USPS box . When the picture of the box was sent to me , the tape was clearly cut . Being it wasn't insured for the purchase price , I lost out and someone got a free chuck .

Think E-bay is bad, just spend an hour working the return desk at any big box store. Any faith you had in humans will be tested.
Yeah, they swear it wasn't used, abused, or replaced it with a new one and bringing the old one back to the store to get their money back! I witness someone that brought back a worn out toilet seat back in the box the new one was in. Comment was it didn't fit! And they gave him his money back! And put it back on the shelf! Just flat stole it from the store!

I have made my comments already about free shipping, blocking, fees… I guess I will add a comment about guarantee and return policy and the buyer pays return shipping you always read. When a seller notes no guarantee and or no returns. That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! A buyer can return any item regardless of seller terms using the Ebay buyer/seller policy that is currently in place and make the seller pay for the return shipping! Any veteran seller on Ebay knows this! What I have just said is of course applying to items even remotely not as described and not because you bought it with buyers remorse. But, buyers do abuse this policy and dream up not as described reasons and the seller is usually screwed because Ebay thinks the buyer is always right.

You ask for offers, then block members who's offers offend you.
Solution: Use the automated reject option or don't ask for offers.
Saves you time and that blocked person may buy something else from you.
Otherwise, you come off as . . . unwise.

You ask others not to be " fooled with the Ebay hipe of “free shipping”" but you fail to acknowledge that the BUYER is paying for everything.

Why should things ever be "even remotely not as described"?
An accurate description is FUNDAMENTAL to a satisfactory transaction.
An accurate description means warts and all.

Please tell us your eBay user id.
I, for one, want to see your listings, maybe make some offers.

You're not the guy that disappointed Silverbullet are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back