Wash machine motor wiring

I didn’t take anything out of the machine except the motor and capacitor. There was just the harness plug on top of the terminal block

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 13
I didn’t take anything out of the machine except the motor and capacitor. There was just the harness plug on top of the terminal block
I am sorry I didn't see that is the switch, it has a small lever on the back. It is great to have that peice of the harness though.
That is a strong motor, what are you building?

I would like to build a slow speed grinder (1725) rpm with some white wheels I have]

Last edited:
That's why I was asking about the centrifugal switch- I'm not totally clear either LOL
I also don't see the W wire in your pictures- maybe it's down in the motor somewhere? ?? Beats me

I think the start switch is also the centrifugal switch...it has a lever on the back of the switch,,,,I had one around here but think I may have pitched it already.

I’m not sure what you mean about the switch. It is inside the motor. When the motor starts it clicks, when it shuts down it clicks again. The white wire attaches to a little black module and then goes down inside the windings (Thermal?)There is a spade terminal coming out of that same module as seen in the pic. If I take my power cord and hook the neutral up to that spade terminal on the thermal module and the hot to the blue wire, the motor will run if I spin it by hand. How do I get the starting circuit into the mix?

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 7
Ok then you are nearly there- the blue (hot) wire needs to go to one of the capacitor red wires, and the other capacitor red wire
goes to the centrifugal switch- not sure what color- wherever it was connected originally
Then there should be a black? centrif. switch wire to the start winding- might be internal-
The yellow start winding wire should go to the white with black stripe- as in sketch

If you can locate the centrifugal switch connections you're there

Last edited:
not sure if this helps at all, but inside the switch

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpeg
    IMG_0235.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 13
Power to blue, power to black white and black to neutral.
The assembly on the motor with the terminal strip is the centrifugal switch

Back