What Did You Buy Today?

Man the huot cabinets used to be only $65 each not to long ago so i was here thinking man don’t buy the vevor but now I see they run about $100 each once they get shipped.

I need to finish 3d printing the organizers but the huot were surprisingly small so I bought a us general cabinet to make into a drill organizer

Last edited:
Man the huot cabinets used to be only $65 each not to long ago so i was here thinking man don’t buy the vevor but now I see they run about $100 each once they get shipped.

I need to finish 3d printing the organizers but the Gupta were surprisingly small so I bought a us general cabinet to make into a drill organizer
GUPTA???

I've been there, I texted one of my volleyball players the other day and it corrected it to creek... I don't know what I originally wrote, but it wasn't creek...

I have, and have been amazed sometimes. But when typing, I hate when it goes really bizzaro.

You have walls to hang things on? Color me jealous. Have a rough stone walled basement, with granite and other hard rock. I wish I could hang things up.

Had a shop in the same sort of basement. Was pretty rough, but was what I had.

Next shop was in a block basement. Glad I took the time to pressure wash, and paint that block. Was a lot brighter.

The next shop (hopefully the last one) is in a basement with painted drywall. It's warm and dry and all, but it's easy to damage the drywall. I think I preferred the block wall. But building codes required more insulation than block now. No decorations, too busy filling it with tools! :)

Had a shop in the same sort of basement. Was pretty rough, but was what I had.

Next shop was in a block basement. Glad I took the time to pressure wash, and paint that block. Was a lot brighter.

The next shop (hopefully the last one) is in a basement with painted drywall. It's warm and dry and all, but it's easy to damage the drywall. I think I preferred the block wall. But building codes required more insulation than block now. No decorations, too busy filling it with tools! :)
Hoping there will be a next shop that's a lot nicer than this one. Looking forward to it someday.

I heard my Uncle is moving south and cleaning out so i attended his yard sale - to catch up and see if there were any treasures to be had. He was a CNC operator for all of my life and said he didn't know i had picked up the hobby as he got rid of his Kennedy top tool chest for $25 and gave a bunch of tooling away. I was still able to take home some items - here's a pic of most of it:

PXL_20230730_160131207.jpg

Man, I was afraid the like new large Kennedy top I acquired on Craig’s list for $75 was stolen…

I can’t fill 1/3 of my gas tank in CA for $25. What a bargain! They are ~$850 new.

Back