What Did You Buy Today?

Ah yes, that slippery slope to full on hoarder syndrome. Going to pick up a 48' reefer trailer this morning for more storage space. Mike
48’ refrigerated trailer? What are you storing?!!

I didn't buy these today, they have been in my air tool drawer since my dad set them aside for me in the late '70s. I have combed garage sales and auction lots hoping to find the parts for them, but I never thought to look any harder than that. Well, I bought a pair of retainer springs and some chisel bits at el Freighto del Harboro for under twennybux, and dang if they don't work a treat.
PXL_20230803_001410941.jpg

Oh man, slow day for buying stuff for the site, it seems.

UPS delivered the first 4 of 9 Vevor drill and tap organizers.

and...

These things are great!

FIrst, they are really heavy, my realistic guess is 18 ga steel. The drawer slides are built as if the if they were meant to be filled with lead. They were a little tight/rough out of the box, but responded favorably to application of dry PTFE. The finish is thick and glossy and the construction is good. One had a little booboo on the corner edges of the top two drawer pulls that was addressed with judicious thumb pressure (it took both thumbs). They are heavy. That bears repeating.

I tried to find things for scale and wasn't feeling very creative, so here's 1-2-3 blocks and 6" parallels (that vise is only a 5").

PXL_20230803_204225928.jpgPXL_20230803_204448303.jpg

These pics are for @rabler - The drawer dividers are tack welded in before painting. They would pop right out like knockouts in a power panel, but you'd need to file the residual weld and re-paint. If you were to line the drawers, it would work out, so long as you can deal with any exposed metal left over. My opinion is it might not be worth it, but it depends. It's a nice heavy box and can hold a lot of weight.

PXL_20230803_204034428.jpgPXL_20230803_204121459.jpg

Oh man, slow day for buying stuff for the site, it seems.

These pics are for @rabler - The drawer dividers are tack welded in before painting. They would pop right out like knockouts in a power panel, but you'd need to file the residual weld and re-paint. If you were to line the drawers, it would work out, so long as you can deal with any exposed metal left over. My opinion is it might not be worth it, but it depends. It's a nice heavy box and can hold a lot of weight.

Full disclosure! I looked at the pictures that were for Rabler

It was an accident!

Thanks for the detailed info. I agree, not worth it for what I'm after. My list of projects is pretty long already, I'm looking for quick, easy, and cheap. Just haven't figured out which two of three I'm settling on ;)

I didn't buy this, but I discovered it in my dad's desk, when I was looking for some tape today, at my parent's house. Dad has been gone for four years, and Mom just recently passed, almost exactly to the day. Anyways, I already posted in a different sub-forum about that.

Had no idea that Dad had this. Makes me feel a little better to find a tool like this. Starrett 1" micrometer.
PXL_20230804_020103708.jpg

Back