What Did You Buy Today?

This past weekend I was at the Rough and Tumble Engineers Museum in kinzer Pennsylvania and found some tools in the flea market. The nut drivers are Pratt-Read and look high quality. The lathe tool is a Pratt & Whitney #2 threading tool. The level is a 4.25" Starrett. I like buying interesting looking wrenches and the two big ones were pretty interesting. The main body slides up and down by cocking it a little bit and then sliding it up and down and then re-engaging it on the teeth to lock it in place the small one is not unique but it only cost me a dollar or two. I'm not sure what the small box is. It almost looks like a very tiny precision surface.

Attachments

• 0822232116.jpg
    0822232116.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 0822232116a.jpg
    0822232116a.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 0822232116b.jpg
    0822232116b.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 21
  • 0822232117.jpg
    0822232117.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 20
Belt grinders are very cool They are versatile, have plenty of grinding power and are sure to be a great addition to any makers shop.
Fun project aside, I don't have the room.
Although that hasn't stopped me yet :)
They do not take much space... I am going to place it next to the... oh wait... oh carp... where the heck am I going to put it!!?? I got no space either...

I'm back to the rotisserie workbench idea. Gone full circle now.
They recently installed 4 of these things in at work . I'm in one night and all the fire alarms went off and water was pouring down from the ceiling . A box must have jumped up out of the track and broke the fire pipe off . Took the fire dept 30 minutes to get there and then another 1-1 1/2 hours to investigate . Meanwhile the water continued to pour as we as employees cannot turn the main off . Flooded the entire side of the plant . Just another night .

They do not take much space... I am going to place it next to the... oh wait... oh carp... where the heck am I going to put it!!?? I got no space either...
I have space for one... Need to retire a 2x42 that doesn't quite work to expectations. It's a crude thing that I modified. I don't have enough room on the left side tool rest, and the casting can't be relieved for the rest without compromising the structure. It was the first larger casting I machined on my mill. Think I'd do it differently, a lot differently, if I were to do it again. Made a small error and it just plain annoys me. The tool rest is not up to snuff. Not rigid enough and it can creep. Live and learn.

Need to make a 2x72. Seems like a good project.

Back