What Did You Buy Today?

Bought one of those when they first started showing up. Seems to work just fine, but true about getting used to it. I generally end up making a clean up pass with it on harder materials, and you will get better results holding your work in a vise when possible. Mike

Ok, I've finally got stuff and I'm home to post
Exotic internal chamfer tool, two micro-adjust chamfer tools, and screw on countersinks to match them!
3fd16f499a5b0038c2867fd84fdd0ea5.jpg
14d597f697d2f9a8f655b22830a09073.jpg
051f127fadd3063604720e662d730f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Had a good day at the flea market. IMG_4213.jpeg
Blake coaxial indicator looks to have all the bits guy wanted 10bucks. Same guy had all the other bits a starrett straight edge, some tooling balls large countersink and a hardened center with an inverted center on the tip. Acouple mag base cinches. 1” face federal .0001 gauge which is missing the tip. Luckily I found one and have on order. He also had some extra tips for federal test gauges which I have so all of it was a nice addition to my tools. All for twenty bucks gotta love it!

What are the tooling balls used for? I got one in a pile of auction stuff and have no idea what it's for :)

What are the tooling balls used for? I got one in a pile of auction stuff and have no idea what it's for
We ( toolmakers ) use them to pick up holes when BP or jig bore heads are on angles . A little trig is involved . If your piece is angled they work the same way . I have a Starrett set that I used often back in the day . Now they're paper weights . :encourage:

Back